DODGE RAM FORUM banner

DeeZee BullBar!

3K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  unlisted 
#1 ·
Got a DeeZee Bullbar in black on it's way to my door. Should be here tomorrow and I'll get it installed on Sunday. Here is a pic of the front of my truck. Any photoshoppers out there who may get bored tonight or tomorrow, feel free to photoshop the bullbar on my truck for a tease!!

See less See more
#13 ·
I know most of the Bullbar don't retain the tow hooks. I know the Westin light bar does. Not sure if thats what you are looking for.

#8 ·
I'm sure they come in chrome, how solid are the mounting points? Thinks there's any "bump" protection, and are there places for aux lights? Looks pretty nice.

#10 ·
Yes, they come in chrome. The mounting points are mounted right to the frame of the truck. So as far as that goes, they're pretty sturdy. As far as bump protection, I doubt it...it's more of a looks thing than something that can help in a crash. Now something like someone just backing into you slowly will probably save the truck..but anything more than that I doubt.

I've been told that they are ornamental only. Not going to protect you from anything but the lightest of bumps.
I would say just a slight bump this would protect the truck but anything with any type of speed I don't see it making a difference.

#17 ·
That's funny, DeeZee told me that the bullbar would not for my 14 sport..

#18 ·
From all the research I've done with multiple bullbar/grilleguard vendors - If it'll fit a 2013 1500 truck, it'll fit a 2014 truck.

Some sub models need extra trimming or have restrictions- I think the sport model has additional restrictions. When I was shopping around I was only looking for items which will fit a Laramie trim.

#19 · (Edited)
There were no issues with fitment on my '13 sport, so you should have no issues with your '14 sport. Just gotta cut 2 holes for the brackets to drop down in the plastic piece under the bumper but you cant even see it unless you crawl under the truck. Definitely get the DeeZee bar. Get it off Ebay though. I paid 160$ and had it in 2 days

#20 ·
Am pretty sure that the Hunter SS also lets you keep the tow hooks.

#21 ·
Bummer reading about not being able to run the bull bar and the tow hooks. I ordered a set of the tow hooks about a month and a half ago and still haven't gotten around to installing it yet, then this weekend my girlfriend shows up with a new bull bar for me for my birthday, totally unexpected. So now I have to decide what would make more sense to install.. although I do have an uncle that is a welder, I'm going to see if he can help me maybe figure out a way around this so I can have both?..

Firemedic10584 - What light bar did you end up buying to put on your bull bar and are you happy with it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.