DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New recon cab lights!!

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Danzanzio 
#1 ·
Well I finally got time to install my Christmas present from my girlfriend yesterday and this is how they turned out!

Unfortunately I haven't taken a night picture yet because I'm having problems with them....they keep dimming and I think it's a ground problem. I cut the ground they had on the provided wiring harness and soldered some extra wire to it so I could run it to the stock hookup on the truck for cab lights. And I think that's where my problem lies. Because when I first got them on Christmas, I hooked them up to the provided wiring harness and stuck a 9v battery to it and they lit up great.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks! So turns out my solder on the ground was fine. But the solder on the power wire on recon's wiring harness was broke. So I fixed it and my lights are gleaming!!!

First pic is normal, the second one I turned down the brightness on my phone so there was less of a glare.

#13 ·
Awesome! They came with a wiring harness and also good instructions on how to install and wire in. I wired then in where the stock cab lights would plug in. Which was in the pillar on the passenger side.

Looks nice! What kind headlights are those? Output good? Also what kind HID and color/ wattage?
Thanks! I got them from Amazon but they look a lot like the anzo projector halos. They aren't too bad. The fogs I got on Amazon for like $30 and the hids for the headlights I got from simplyhidkits.com for around 60. I probably should have saved some money and gotten them from Amazon because the fogs work great! But they are both 6000k 35w.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.