DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 aftermarket HID kits

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Iqudayo 
#1 ·
I'm looking to add 6K HIDS to the low beams and fog lights in my ram. Do I need to worry about haveing a 'bulb out' light when I put them in? And do I need to add a relay to the low beams? And should I put a relay on the fogs? And lastly I read somewhere that the 55wat fogs melt the factory lense? If anyone knows anything about that and the fix or the anwsers my questions please share.
Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Ok lets see when you are dealing with the head lights (low beams) 6,000 K 55W. will work great. and in the fog lights you DO NOT want to go over 35W it so will melt the housing and also it's not needed (6,000K 35W will work great). the combination of both of them will be bright enough that you will not need more power that's the set up I'm running. check with.
retroshop web site I can't set the link for you it's shop dot retroshop dot us put that in the search it should come up.
they should be able to help you out you get a digital ballast
(secure it well) you'll be fine hope it helps.

here are pics of mine so you can see. I added projectors also

#5 ·
Instead of making a new thread about HIDs I figure I'd ask here. With my '11 you have to drill holes in the headlight housings to get HIDs in and working, I think because of all the wires or something. I do not want to drill into my housings so that's a HID deal breaker for me. I will have a '13 soon and it comes with the projectors. I'd like to put HIDs in the high beam and fogs. Do you have to drill for this? I'm sure this has been answered already but searching from my phone takes forever and this post is here already.

Thanks!

#6 ·
My .02.....I've done HID kit for an 09 and had no drilling. IMO 35W are fine for both and I have always used such. 55W typically require the additional power relay that I'm assuming you are referring too, are overly bright and tend to piss off more people. But just my .02 for what it's worth. I do use the DDM's as well as most of my friends.

#11 ·
I guess it's what you prefer I went with the 55 because I like the power. if your lights are adjusted correct you will not have issues with blinding others.
but with 55 W you don't need high beams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.