DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Compass and EVIC

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Kamper Dave 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 ST crew cab long box 6.7L Cummins TD manual transmission.

My EVIC does not show a compass setting. I bought it used and on the dealer label, it says "Compass and Outside Temp Display."

I read the owners manual and it talks about calibrating it manually but when I go to the settings menu, calibrate compass is not a menu option. Does my truck not have the compass or is something wrong?

I was reading online and people have said that they have gone to the dealer and added "sales codes" and enabled features that their truck didn't originally have like RKE. Is it possible to do that. I would really like the compass and the RKE. I know I cannot add remote start with a manual transmission but the RKE would be cool to have. What "sales codes" can I add?

My truck does have that little glass hemisphere in the middle of the dash up by the windshield. What is that? I was thinking it was the electronic control for the compass or a GPS or something. Maybe it is the light sensor for when it is dark outside.

#2 ·
I have a 1500 ST (Express) so I can't speak to the 2500 model, but no compass in mine either. (No big deal to me) But I know you feel differently. Maybe a setting on the EVIC on yours to display the compass? As for the "Glass Hemisphere": that is for the auto-headlights.

#3 ·
Well I have a Laramie longhorn and I got my headliner replaced. When I left the dealership I noticed my compass was not working took it back and the harness wasn't connected. It could be the same issue with yours. If it's still under warranty take it back to them so they can fix it! If I am not mistaken that's the sensor for the lights to turn off and on when you have it turned to auto

#5 ·
I don't believe any of the ST's have a compass. The compass sending unit is in the overhead console which I don't believe your truck has (correct me if I'm wrong). So that's why you don't have a compass displaying or the ability to go into the settings and calibrate it. Even if you add the sales code it won't work without the sending unit.

#6 ·
I don't believe any of the ST's have a compass. The compass sending unit is in the overhead console which I don't believe your truck has (correct me if I'm wrong). So that's why you don't have a compass displaying or the ability to go into the settings and calibrate it. Even if you add the sales code it won't work without the sending unit.
I think you are correct.
Last month I called the HELP phone number I was given when we purchased our 2012 RAM ST. They ran the VIN # and let me know that the compass was not a feature on my truck.
I am now looking for a digital compass to Velcro to the empty overhead consul area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.