DODGE RAM FORUM banner

tail lights

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  pcasso87 
#1 ·
I'm looking into purchasing the Recon LED smoked tail lights and third brake light. Any thoughts and opinions on these??

#4 ·
I have the Recon smoked tails and 3rd brake light in my black 07 1500 and I think they look great! The 3rd brake light doesn't sit completely flush with the body but it is sealed so it shouldn't leak. Yes, they are pricy but I love em! I got mine off eBay but they weren't much cheaper than off Recon's website.

#6 ·
Please, please look around on ebay first. There are "off" brands that will give you the same results but for much less. If you aren't happy with their product Ie tint isn't dark enough as described or clear coat stinks whatever you can usually return it no harm no foul.

I personally got this set of LED tail lights off ebay for 191 shipped and they perform great.

Sorry for the last picture, they are just really bright and the camera didn't know what to do with all the light.

#7 ·
im going to have to look into getting some "off-brand" LED lights.

Arth- do you remember what brand yours are?

#10 ·
#13 ·
I'm running Spyder tails and a Recon 3rd, love both on appearance and performance. I did have to put resistors in for the 3rd brake light because the cargo leds and brake leds were constantly on. Not bright, but definitely noticable at night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.