DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Uconnect ver 13.31.6

6K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  arietem 
#1 ·
Just got a new radio installed with ver 13.31.6

Anyone know what the changes are?

#2 · (Edited)
First I've heard of it. Now that they have stopped putting the updates on the Uconnect web site (even though they left the "check for updates" section on there to confuse people) there will probably be a bunch of updates that go unnoticed. If they don't want us to update it ourselves anymore then fine but at least announce when there is an update so we know when to make an appointment with our dealer. Listing the release notes would be a nice touch, too.

Someone will probably either have to call Uconnect customer support or their dealer to get the release notes. Which radio do you have? I don't suppose you have the Pandora or iheartradio apps showing (and working) on your radio?

The update must be pretty new because I was on the phone with customer support just a week or two ago and at that point 13.19.0 was the most current version.

I actually need to take my truck in to get a recall taken care of so I can ask them to upgrade my Uconnect software, too. I really would like to hear from others who have it first, though. Learned that lesson the hard way...

#3 · (Edited)
Gave UConnect a call, after bouncing between a few reps to get to the right person, here is what I was told.
Expected general release date; 9/16/13
Installable by dealer.
Fixes include: NAV issues, and FM audio clarity "crackling" issue.
Improvements include: voice recognition, and app load times.
Still to come: Apps. Stated as coming fairly soon, but no exact date set. They claim to currently be making the last few tweaks before release. Apps will be an automatic OTA add on.

#4 ·
Thanks for getting the info, Mids! Doesn't sound like a huge update unless you have sound quality or nav issues. I don't but I am curious to see how big an improvement the voice recognition is. I hate trying to tell it a destination and instead having it change the radio station :)

#5 ·
Differences I have noticed so far.

Phone: dial button is green, hang up button is red. There is a timer while your on the phone now.

Media: Icons for ipod sd card bluetooth are better.

everything else is much snappier now, haven't had to much time to play with it.

#6 ·
Which dealer did you get this done at? I'm due for an oil change and I guess a radio flash :D

#11 ·
The tech I discussed this with, mentioned two things in regards to apps.
a) Switching between apps, such as NAV, XM, Phone, Climate, etc.
b)Actual apps such as Pandora and others, that will be coming in the near future.

#13 · (Edited)
Well, the dealership finally installed a new radio and so far has corrected my "application assist" reset issue. I noticed to that the version installed on the new radio is 13.31.06. Attached are cosmetic changes I noticed from my previous version.

1st Pic: Version Number
2nd Pic: Have the option to turn off rear view dimmer
3rd Pic: Hold button and End button are light up with different colors.

Also notice the 3G icon is highlighted in blue.

Attachments

#14 ·
Interesting.

I'm glad they threw in a few cosmetic changes; it makes an otherwise minor update file little more substantial.

Was the mirror dimmer control always there? Off the top of my head I don't remember that from before.

#18 ·
The only issue I had with volume was when a call came in. If I was driving and a call came while connected to Bluetooth, the ring would blow my ear drums out!!! Either the replacement radio or this newer version corrected that issue. I have had my replacement radio for 3 days now and everything is working GREAT. Knock on wood!!! :smiley_thumbs_up:

#19 ·
If i may make a suggestion

i would think the Best way to sort of keep up with the radio versions
would be when a member gets a new factory order in
Ask them which radio they have & tell them how to bring up the Version # of their radio's software/firmware
at least you would know of any updates that occurred in the last 8 weeks

#21 ·
Has anyone's dealership actually performed a firmware update from 13.19.0, or did everyone's radio that has a later firmware, come with it installed from the factory? I have been waiting for our dealership to get the updated firmware, and they keep telling me 13.19.0 is the latest.

#23 ·
There seems to be some hold up on Chrysler actually sending the update to dealers for them to install. Looks like all the ones in the wild came from the factory that way. Makes me wonder if they've discovered a bug and don't want to send it to dealers until they fix it.

I might be finding out soon enough. My 2nd 8.4AN has started driving the service cellular phone message. That's how the death spiral of my first nav system started.

#26 ·
Dont want to waste my time going to a dealer for an update

Hi all, any word at all on getting the update ? really don't want go or have the dealer do this .. I'll look around .. as the update is also applicable to other models of dodge cars out there .. or maybe somebody at the dealer level will post the update up for download ..:i_rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.