DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cold air intakes

5K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  wr986 
#1 ·
Question,
I opened up my exhaust just a bit with a flow master muffler.
It has been suggested that if I then add a cold air intake I will need to have the dealer reprogram the computer. Didn't sound correct to me.

Any thoughts?
Any suggestions on a cold air intake?

Thanks

#41 ·
...how we all forget which forum area we are in...this isn't the "I want to run slow" section or even in the "General" section...you're posting in the "Ram Performance Mods" section... I didn't start out ever thinkin I was ever going drag race my truck. I wanted to pull my boat and have extra space for passengers. My first mod was swapping out to a magnaflow muffler and my next few mods was a drop in K an N, then drilling out multiple 1" dia holes on bottom of airbox, changing the intake tube, then an ebay mopar knock off... in each case, I could tell the truck performed better than the mod before...granted, it was a butt dyno and not on a real dyno anyways (altho I don't believe in them either because it doesn't give you real time street environment readings)... I do believe in track testing because I can test different scenarios and can see the improvements while testing it side by side. I still use my truck for what it's meant for but also like to surprise vette's, camaros and mustangs at a light or two :)

#42 ·
with over 255k miles on my truck, I drive it every dam day, redlight to redlight, and never once have I ever 2nd guessed the mod steps I did to get to this point...I only race maybe 2-3 times a year and like getting 20+ mpg's (the by product of motor modding)...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.