DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2.5" lift in front and 1" lift in rear?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  loydt 
#1 ·
This is what the local 4x4 shop recommended for me for the install of my new tires (Toyo Open Country 275/65/20).

Is this lift going to cause suspension, ball joint, etc problems for me down the road? Make my truck drive like crap?

I have no experience with any lifted vehicles before so dont have a clue. Truck has 30k miles on it with factory shocks.

FYI, I do not do any off roading.

Loyd
2012 Ram Sport QC 4x4

#2 ·
You don't need any lift in the rear. Personally I would just do the 2.5" level in the front and leave the rear alone.

What kind of leveling kit are they proposing to put in the front? I'm assuming a spacer? It won't ride like crap, it will be very close to stock. However I would recommend a set of Bilstein Adjustable struts for the front end instead as they are better for the front end components and will provide a nicer ride than stock.

#3 ·
I fit 275/65/20 Rocky Mountain ATS's on mine with no level at all, no rubbing, etc.

Definitely do not need a lift in rear.

If you are going to bring the front up, I (and many others) would recommend Bilstein 5100 Adjustable shocks. They are 100 times better than any type of spacer lift and ride much nicer than the stock shocks.

I had a 2 inch front spacer on my truck for a little over a year, caused me a few small issues - had to replace factory shocks twice, uneven wear on front right tire - may or may not have been directly related but that's my personal experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.