DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lets see some of your Engine mods

38K views 71 replies 27 participants last post by  Low51 
#1 ·
Heres some of mine:

Come on all you 5.9 guys let see some pic's.

See less See more
#2 ·
Will take mine tommorow with the new cam! Lol. Good looking mods. I LOVE those valve covers! Shoot, can't afford em at the moment though!

#5 ·
Ah I should clarify, Camera. Lol. I wish it was a camshaft. But as far as the tuff sounding truck, it is! On the way to school there was kids standin at a bus stop, had to put it in neutral as I cruised by and just rev the hell out of it. like 6 kids jumped :)

Do you have videos? I bet yours sounds pretty badass aswell!

#6 ·
lol thats cool man.
Mine used to sound loud but since I had it rerouted from the front rear tire to going all the way back it sounds ok. But I am looking to do a true duel exhaust -and I need to get a digital camcorder. I am curently using my iphone lol.

#16 ·
the headers are "summit generic" but they are made by pace setter and are shorty's

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9045/?image=large

i like them. :) and that's crazy about leaving the engine in there. i didn't realize that there was that much space when you take out the radiators. when you change a cam, is it just a matter of taking the old one out, lubing up the new one and just sliding the new one in and bolting it all back up? cause i was looking at them but i have never done it before. what type of cam would be a good fit for my truck? lol :)

Attachments

#22 ·
yeah thats pretty much standard procedure with any in cam block V8. You have to remove the rocker shafts and pushrods, then spin the cam to push the lifters up in the 3rd gen hemi engines there is enough angle that the lifters will hold themselves up without falling back down when you remove the cam, other engines like LS engines magnets are usually used to hold lifters up. In and out, set the timing and good to go. I swapped out the stock springs and pushrods for 6.1 pushrods and springs. For that i have a tool for doing valve stem seals with the heads on the car that i use for cam swaps. It pressurizes the cylinder with shop air and holds the valves up while changing springs on the truck without removing the heads. I think alot of guys use a 210 112LSA with stock heads thats what i would go with if i had a 5.9

#23 ·
i've found that as far as price goes, tires are cheaper for 15 in rims. idk y though you'd think it would be the other way around being that there would be less rubber on the sidewalls with the larger rims...idk though lol

what does the LSA mean? 210 is Exaust duration right with 112 being lobe separation?

In your opinion guys what cam company is the best for the price? just curious.

#26 ·
if theres not too much overlap then the engines computer wont be bothered by a little less vacuum. if you invest in a programmer make sure you can adjust the lower vacuum parameters to make up for less vacuum. a friend of mine is actually trying to find out if the SCT software is capable of this.

#28 ·
Awesome mods

These are some awesome mods. Where should I start first?
Intake and exhaust? I will not be able to do my own camshaft or lifters.
Another question what is better for the money?
cgs intake or K&N intake? What about air raid brand?:4-dontknow:

#30 ·
man love those mods i have a 360 with a superchikp flash paq programer but i cant change my shift points how else can i do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.