DODGE RAM FORUM banner

L&M R/T 392- Stage Two

10K views 71 replies 21 participants last post by  audio1der 
#1 · (Edited)
For those who don't know that there was a Stage One, which was essentially a 392 crate motor with an HHP tune, you can read the details about that right here:

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148005

Stage Two will be documented on this thread. Here's the list:

• L&M Y-Pipe
  • Ridetech Coilovers Front/Rear
  • Brembo Brakes Front/Rear (SRT8 Brembos/Stock Rotors)
  • L&M Adjustable Sway Bars Front/Rear
  • L&M Adjustable Control Arms (Front-Upper/Lower)
  • L&M Adjustable Panhard Bar
  • MCG Drop Spindles
  • Custom Steering Wheel w/2013 Gear Shifting
  • MOMO Shorty Column Shifter
  • Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler
  • 4.56 Final Drive with G2 Diff Cover
  • Painted Fender Flares
  • L&M Driveshaft Loop
  • L&M Built Transmission
  • HHP Tune- Round Two (Optimized Fuel Tables)

Here's a few pics of the suspension components which are being installed today with a proposed finish date of next Saturday:

See less See more
#12 ·
Damn it, I was cleaning up my photobucket account and inadvertently deleted the wrong duplicate pics that were linked to this thread. So sorry about the loss of some of the beginning photos.

Is there a way that I can edit and fix this? The edit button is missing from my earlier posts so I'm not sure how I can get the pics back up!

#18 ·
Very Cool! :smileup:

I will be watching and waiting patiently for a 4x4 L&M suspension setup

When I retire, I'm going to change my plans for a Winter home near Delaware
instead Florida, Palm Springs, Phoenix or Las Vegas like most Canadian snow birds...

I'll just sign my monthly pension over to L&M to build toys for me.

#21 ·
Very nice work. If you're using the McG's spindles I'm surprised Mike's still using a balljoint for the upper control arm and not something with more movement like a uni-joint or spherical joint. I have no doubt that he's worked the geometry, but you just have more leeway with either of those two options.

#25 ·
No clue my friend as the truck is still at L&M being tuned and finished. I don't pick her up until next weekend but I'll be sure to post the results good or bad.

One note: The SRT8 Brembo calipers did not improve braking results whatsoever. Mike and I said from the start that anything that doesn't have a function will not remain on the truck. So, as good as they looked, they will not stay on the truck.

#29 · (Edited)
No clue my friend as the truck is still at L&M being tuned and finished. I don't pick her up until next weekend but I'll be sure to post the results good or bad.

One note: The SRT8 Brembo calipers did not improve braking results whatsoever. Mike and I said from the start that anything that doesn't have a function will not remain on the truck. So, as good as they looked, they will not stay on the truck.
how did you guys test the brakes? Typically the brakes will feel the same on initial stops. its the improvement in brake fade/handling of heat is what you're after. Do they take bigger brake pads than your oem?

#26 ·
Have you thought about installing a hydro-boost system to really take advantage of the better braking ability of the Brembos? The higher caliper count of the Brembos would perform much better than the 2 caliper OEM system when you're actually pushing 3 times the hydraulic force of the vacuum booster. The swap is dead simple and would really benefit you.

#27 ·
To be honest, brakes scare me. I have no problem swapping motors, screwing around with suspension and I've even chopped tops. But messing with brakes that aren't bolt on kits? Not for me, and I have to say that I've always been super impressed with the Ram braking from stock.
That being said, with some more work they would probably make a killer setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.