DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2010 Magnaflow 18" + Y-Pipe INSTALLED

59K views 145 replies 46 participants last post by  AllUCIsTailLights 
#1 ·
After weeks of research, countless hours on youtube, and 3 hours at the shop.....IT'S DONE!!! :SHOCKED:
Step one

Out with the old, in with the new....

See ya CRAP Y!

Almost shot a video of this!!! :)

Much better!!!!

How it crosses to the other side of the truck to hit the Y

It sounds GREAT on start up, slightly deeper tone at idle without being louder, and sounds WICKED at WOT. I'll throw the before and after videos up when I find a quiet place and a throttle operator!

See less See more
#57 ·
Y-pipe

This is an awesome thread. I have been poking around the site looking for ways to rework the exhaust without forking out a small fortune on an ARH set. Even if someone were to find a reasonable set of shorty headers you would still have to contend with that awful stock y-pipe. This post just answered all of my questions and I should not have to spend a grand to do it. Very Nice.

#60 ·
Thanks! ARH is in the DISTANT future for me too, then all the y pipe is coming out, the headers have a good setup built in. I spent a whopping 250 bucks on everything from the muffler, y and the install

This is an awesome thread. I have been poking around the site looking for ways to rework the exhaust without forking out a small fortune on an ARH set. Even if someone were to find a reasonable set of shorty headers you would still have to contend with that awful stock y-pipe. This post just answered all of my questions and I should not have to spend a grand to do it. Very Nice.

#58 ·
I had the Y-pipe and muffler replaced with magnaflow parts today.
Re-routed drivers side pipe from cat to go above crossmember and back
further after trans and then crossing over to the Y instead of the stock
location which cooks the tranny fluid. The factory Y is really constricted
as you can see in the first pic

Attachments

#65 ·
Tim
Have an appointment on 23 May to have Mufflex install the 18". Have the tools and the knowledge but no time, and at $45.00 to install, its not worth my time. May buy their 5 inch SS oval tips as well, below is a photo of what they look like installed
Thanks again for all of you research.......!:smileup:

#67 ·
So is your truck Really that quiet with that 18" magnaflow? I want to do somthing a step up from stock but not "High school noisy loud, look at me i can burn my rubber and tear up my truck loud." LOL!

But ya your truck sounds killer awsome Good job on this thread!

#69 ·
Glad to hear your vid. I've been thinking about the 18" Mag as well. What did the y-pipe cost ya, if you dont mind? Those factory Y's, are junk.

#70 ·
I think my Mag Y-Pipe was $26 or so. Well worth it. Exhaust sounds awesome with it and the 18" muffler.

#73 ·
My Y-Pipe was also about $27 and that is with shipping included.

#74 ·
I want to do the same set-up as 916Timmy, I have the muffler and y pipe on the way. Will I be replacing all of the tail pipe after the muffle are reusing it.I ask cause I want those resonators out, and was told there after the muffler. Where are they located? Thanks for any help.

#76 ·
Thanks. May end up leaving the resonators on, and see how it sounds for a few days with the new muffler and y pipe. Or at least leave them on there till the Diablo works for the 11's and I can turn off that mds.

#78 ·
Just a side note: I took off my resonators, did not notice much difference. (including with the MDS sound). Then I installed a 24" Mag, left the resonators off and absolutely LOVE the sound. Still have never noticed any weird or odd MDS sounds.

#80 ·
I've been a flowmaster guy up till a couple of weeks ago when I got a single 14" straight through flowmaster 1 into 1 with a tiny bend down the middle of the muffler but I can see 3/4 of the hole on the other end of the muffler (if that makes sense) still. I'm really impressed with how smooth they sound in comparison to the barky sound of the flows. Magnaflow is going to be my go-to exhaust for anything I use from this point out.

#83 ·
Need ur advice 916Timmy. I finally crawled under my truck yesterday to see where the area looks like where u rerouted the pipe off the left cat. I notice fitting it between ur frame rail and transfer case and above the cross member, the pipe is close to the brake lines and close to two sender lines going to the trans. What do you feel about that. Was thinking of getting exhaust wrap for the trans lines and maybe some kind of shield are something for the brake lines. Whats ur thought on this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.