DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Any Members In Or Around Winnipeg

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  JimsRamTruck2012 
#1 ·
What's up all?

I've seen a lot of Canada, but have not been to Winnipeg.

Looking to travel on up sorry to say without my truck. It's not the distance it's customs.

Was thinking of coming up around March 19, 2014.

Maybe catch a Jets game while there.

Post up if interested.:smileup:

#4 ·
well depending on when your here i live right at the border of manitoba and north dakota. not sure where your entering into canada but i only live and hour from winnipeg. it's to bad your not bringing your truck. if your driving and only visiting it's no different in a car or a pickup when crossing. but it's usually easier if your flying.

#5 ·
As in my o.p. I'm thinking around March 19, 2014.

I would do the drive, but with a cover on the bed and all the crap I carry back behind my seats the customs folks would have a field day with me. And I don't mean that in a good way either. :SHOCKED::wow::str:

#7 ·
:LOL: I know better than that. I would be more worried about one of the boarder staff (either U.S. Or Canada) being gay and taking a liking to me. :SHOCKED:

The idea of bringing my truck has crossed my mind. I've always wanted to visit the Iowa 80 truck stop. Seen it on T.V. and know a guy who stop there on his way to visit his family in Nebraska. He drives a Charger Black Top Edition.

#8 ·
lol. i'm a truck driver and i loooove that place. it's a great way to get rid of a few thousand dollars real quick. i made the mistake goin there just after i bought my first kenworth. i stopped there and ended up calling my bank for some money and wellll..... i got alot of chrome. new stacks new bumper new lights and a new grill. all said it was almost 10 grand in less than 3 hours. lol here is what my kw looked like after i was done there.

#9 ·
:LOL: Now that's funny! :LOL:

And I'll bet if you had to do it all over again you would do the exact same thing.:wavey:

By the way are you and independent or do you work for a company? I ask because I don't see to many independents anymore. :4-dontknow:

Also, do you ever go past Polar Industries or VP Express. I'm fan of the show Ice Road Truckers.

#10 ·
lol i know where polar industries yard is. if you knew the truth about the show you wouldn't be fan any longer. i used to run the manitoba ice roads and i almost knocked out one of the idiots on that show for trying to delay me for a half a day because they wanted to get the perfect scene for the show. i used to be an independant but now i drive for a company. there isn't much money in being an owner operator anymore.

#11 ·
Yeah that sucks that an owner operator can't make a go of it. :sad:

I'm sure there are a lot folks up that way that feel the same way you do about the show. It can be a big pain the ass when you live in an area that films a show. And the people on the show I'm sure act unfriendly sometimes and that's putting it nicely.

There have been some shows filmed in my state of N.J. 1 was the Supranios and man all of a sudden every one thought that was the way folks here acted. Then it happened again with a show called the Jersey Shore. I would travel and people would find out I'm from N.J. and ask me if everyone acts like that. Needless to say I was never a fan of either show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.