DODGE RAM FORUM banner

The Dumbest ? & Thread On This Forum! HAHAHA!!!!!

3K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  Excoastie 
#1 ·
Here is the question - How many Ram owners are affraid of driving in the snow??? I ask because I just saw on a GM based forum that a modification event was cancelled do to snow in the weather forecast. This modification was to take place in a garage with heat.

I've driven home from 2 events in while it was snowing and drove to one just after it snowed.

How chicken are these GM 4wd truck owners?

Okay so I asked 2 questions. :LOL:

#2 ·
LOL that's funny. I ain't skeered...

I rode my buell sunday from 7am to 7pm, it was the official coldest day of winter. That's not saying much to many of you northerners, but it was 29 deg F when I left and in the 30's when I got home. High was in the 50's(MAYBE lol). I can say that once your body goes numb from the cold wind you don't feel any more pain.... :)

#3 ·
that is pretty cold for florida. but you are right, that aint shit to these northerners with their -40 bullcrap. what is that non sense.

ya you'd think a bunch of guys with trucks would want to show off their kahunas and go anyway

#8 · (Edited)
As most of you know, i live in sunny San Diego
i live at the base of a mountain range, just up the hill 2 nights ago, a winter storm passed through, snow was down to 2,000 feet, at 5,000 feet there was at least 8" of snow, freezing rain, hail, lightning, etc. All roads going over any hill were closed.
That same storm hit Joplin Mo. today, that States Governor asked that everyone stay home & travelers find somewhere to stay. They now have 12" of snow, ice, hail, freezing rain, & lightning, with the back end of the storm still to come.
Its is funny watching the news, garden tractors pushing snow in Kansas City :)

I can see canceling a event for that !!

#10 ·
hey now we do what we gotta do here in the KC area, however I must say I would not be pushing snow with a lawn mower, we have a snow blower for that and plows for the front of our trucks here in the town I live in. But yea I would still get out in the snow to make an event I sure would not cancel it :LOL:

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

#9 · (Edited)
GTYankee - I see your point and it is interesting to watch how other parts of the country handle snow removal. Some are experts at it and others freak out over less than 3 inches of snow.

I just checked the forecast for this Saturday and it's a 60% chance of rain and snow.

But are members affraid to drive their Ram in the snow or are they not affraid?

#14 ·
Snow, I don't mind it at all and I wish it would stay snow. But I actually hate driving around here (GTA) after a light snow because of all the crap they put on the roads. If it would just stay snow no problem. My black RAM is turned white with all the #$@%@ salt / brine the put down :doh:

#17 ·
Come to Edmonton, you have no choice but to drive in snow! Seems like it's winter here for 6 months of the year!!!!

#24 ·
Snow is water that is so cold that it turns white and when it falls from a cloud (not the internet) and the temps are correct it never turns back to water. Now if the surface it's falling on is cold enough it will accumulate on that surface.

I hope this post helps you. :wavey:

#22 ·
I love driving in the snow! I have an endless amount here. The roads have been covered since late september. I do have to say I do wish I could put the pedal to the floor though!

#23 ·
I wouldn't drive up the hill right now, day or night
Southern Californians can't even drive in a light rain without wrecking
i don't want to be up on the hill when the road is snow covered
I recently got my Ram out of the body shop & i don't want to go back there

I was raised in Connecticut & i liked driving in snow in a car
my younger brother was a bit crazier, rode his Harley even when it snowed

#29 ·
Snow + stock no season Wranglers = Good Times! Its what makes the 4x4 worthwhile. Hell, I'm even thinking of moving further up north to get to deeper snow..

#30 ·
Snow!

I just got home from driving home in a heavy winter storm here in the Cascades in Southern Oregon across 3 mountain passes! Almost home about 1 hour away and myself and my co-worker see this gal standing on the snowbank on the side of the road waving us down(in the middle of a storm in the mountains in middle of nowhere). We stop and she says their car is down the mountainside. There was not even a mark on the snowbank where the car had hit. Get out of the truck and down the roadside there sits a Suby up against a tree keeping from going in the river. There is 5 of them, luckily all ok. So we pull them up the bank and get all the gals in the truck. This is on a curvy mountain road where they went in, in the summer the recommended speed is 35 in dry conditions, and the road had fresh 3-4 inches on the road still plus slush and below freezing temps. She says to me I was only doing 45:Wow1:. Well I ended taking them all home 1.5 hours away after the tow trucks and state guys got it figured out. So for me, I love the snow. For some not so much!

Sorry long post, but we talking skeered of snow! I told them I do have a hemi, but I think that even my truck could not manage pulling that one out hahaha!!!!!!

#36 ·
#37 ·
this week we had snow down to the 2,000 foot level & icy roads just above that

most times the only snow i see down here is in 2 lines, just over an inch long

#40 ·
I'm not skeered of the snow, I just got tired of shoveling it! I am, however, skeered of the idiots on the road that claim to know how to drive in snow, while speeding excessively on a snow covered road....

Here I sit in front of my computer, it's damn near the end of February and it's 57 degrees at a little past 5:30am.

You won't see that is the snowy regions.

I've lived in central Vermont where the ski industry depends on lots of snow and cold temps. It was fun while it lasted, but I much prefer my 3 weeks of what is considered cold weather now.

Exco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.