DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tire Pressure Sensors

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  ABCRUDE 
#1 ·
I've owned my truck now for just over 4 months and twice the DIC has flashed for low tire pressure.

When I have check the tire pressure they are all within factory specs.

The owers manual (yes I did open this book so don't laugh) states to check the tire pressure once a month.

Has anyone else have this happen to them? And if so what have you done to keep this from happening? :4-dontknow:

#4 ·
Question.....Are you running HIDs in your fogs?

If not, does the warning go away after you check the vehicle or restart it?
And as Asur asked, what pressure are you running?
No HIDs.

Yes the warning goes away after I shut down the truck or it will go away while I'm driving it.

Running 37.5 psi in all tires.

#6 · (Edited)
Some cheep HID units like many you get on Ebay can interfere with the electronics in your dash, especially if they flicker and are not well grounded. Also some put out radio frequency's that can interfere with the pressure sensor in the wheel, being wireless, they work on a specific frequancy, if you happen to have a ballast the is not well grounded it can cause issues like that, or even just not well shielded, Fog lights are near the front area where the wheel is. I think that's probably why he mentioned it. People don't realize how much RF these ballasts give off when converting the 12V to high discharge voltage, like a florescent tube light, when you turn it on, as it pulsates, it can screw up your radio stations, tv, phone etc, Also the cheaper the unit, the more interference they can give off. But maybe he has seen other issues also.

#17 ·
I had it come on the left rear saying I had 34Lbs while driving at 60MPH IN 86 degree weather. it stayed on for about 80 miles, then went out.never to come on again. when I got a chance to check pressure I got 40Lbs. go figure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.