DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calling all 5" tips

10K views 73 replies 19 participants last post by  nfd538 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered some 5" double walled tips for my ram the other day. Just curious to see what everyone is running for tips and I'm having a hard time finding adaptors.

So post up your exhaust tip pix and maybe drop me some 411 on where y'all got your adaptor

Thanks
Jordan

#2 ·
Got a 5" MBRP black tip.. 12" long. Ordered from Andrew at Bully's and he set me up with the adapter I needed.. It was a RBP adapter.. believe it is 2.25" to 4" .. I had to get it modified as single exhaust is 2.5" but worked great.
It's a little dirty here but only current pic I have and its night and raining hard.

#7 ·
Thanks guys for posting the pictures... But I'm sorry I ended getting it done on Sunday I just used my factory tips as the adaptors. It worked out great and it was free.

An I was able to keep the ball and socket adjuster to line the tips up aswell

And here is finished product. I'm very happy with them and only cost about $75 and less then an hours labour of my own time

#11 ·
Silver creek,

Thanks for the PM. As you read above, I can for whatever reason not reply to my private messages so I have to go public here.

You did nothing wrong at all.

Cheers.

#13 ·
Ya silvercreek, you are at no way at fault, if anything you did a great thing by bringing up to our attention that someone has stolen a picture of a forum members truck and using it without permission without consent and also is displaying someones license plate over the internet.

#14 ·
My concern is this: If it was on a social networking site posting pictures, then I don't give a shit about images I post floating around the web. What concerns me is they are taking images I have posted specifically on this forum, for this forum, without asking for the forum's Administrative permission. Once I post a picture on this forum, it becomes their picture and they can do whatever they please. It's their property.

That's how I Admin on my own board, though rules here may be different. I dunno.....

Somehow I don't think GT [forum owner] and/or any of his administrative staff have knowledge of this [read: passed images onto a third party].

On top of that, they're falsely using an part on my truck [Magnaflow exhaust tips] to portray a product of their own [BSM exhaust tips] implying the same part.

Read: deceit.

Reactions: Canadian Hemi Pride
#16 ·
Ugh. I'll beg to differ. If you want legit 5-inch tips, buy a diesel. Seriously, that's some ricer looking nonsense right there, and if you're only posting for high fives, sorry to burst your bubble... :doh:

#22 · (Edited)
I know the difference between a 5-inch tip and 5-inch exhaust...thanks for the tip (pun intended).

I didn't know you could only post if you agree with the OP....didn't see that in the intrawebz rulebook.

Enjoy your 5-inch tips...and hanging out with the ricer tweeners at the McDonalds parking lot, they'll be sure to agree with how cool you are. :i_rolleyes:

Plastidip and debadged versus 5-inch tips? Ninja please, don't forget to flip your tow mirrors out and sport your gigantic Ram and Hemi badges and bumperstickers while you're at it...

And reverse cameras aren't handy for the lil neighborhood kids running around when you're backing up, right?

And 8-10 inch tips?! Wow someone's overcompensating for something, or a lack of something. That's just as ridiculous as 5-inch tips on a gasser.

Taste. It can't be bought, even at AutoZone.

#24 ·
Good job man you win anal wart of the day award.. You can keep you cute little plasti dip and ill stick with my "fart cans"... tool!

#25 ·
I don't own a Ram? Funny, that's not what my registration and insurance card say...

The rest of your post is incoherent (not surprisingly)....but I'm sensing you're some sort of (intrawebz) tough guy?

Thanks for the entertainment guys, it's been priceless, but I've grown bored here. Enjoy your "tips"... :LOL:

#26 ·
...and dodgeBOI is right, 5-inch tips are what I'd expect from someone your age. Don't worry, you'll look back at this someday when you grow up and laugh...

#27 ·
I'm already laughing... at you! just as everyone else is doing...

#31 ·
Since this thread is heading the wrong direction I figured I would try to pull it back in the right direction.

I added 5" tips because the factory tips seemed to muffle the sound from my Flowmaster muffler. Some of you... if you have bolt on tips like I do should try it out and pop the factory ones back on for a hot minute... there is a massive difference in the sound!

I picked these tips from BSM exhaust, a vendor here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZWBuo25t7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8RsgbkCv8Q

#35 ·
I agree big time with the sound change I love it. The tips I got were 12" long so that makes a difference aswell. Now I'm debating on cutting out the resonators but still unsure

#32 ·
I just keep watching these two vids. Sounds and looks awesome Arth. I do believe I am going to go with the exact same setup as you. Man I dig all these 5 inch tips. :)

Reactions: Canadian Hemi Pride
#37 ·
What angles you looking for? I can go take pix of what ever you want? Like underneath to the side? From the back?

#42 ·
I ordered some 5" double walled tips for my ram the other day. Just curious to see what everyone is running for tips and I'm having a hard time finding adaptors.

So post up your exhaust tip pix and maybe drop me some 411 on where y'all got your adaptor

Thanks
Jordan
I'm from Windsor too, where did you get the 2- 5" tip's for so cheap? You said $75.00 ? Thank's.:smileup:

#45 ·
#50 ·
Yea they still sound great. I'm thinkin of getting the factory resonators cut out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.