DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Truck acting weird?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  EWC88 
#1 ·
So lately my truck has been acting weird. Here and there when I start the truck it will say lamp out (bulbs were not turned on) and then randomly go away. Then yesterday I'm driving at night and the lamp out came on and after 5 mins it went away, when it went away I did notice the bulb flickered. Now today the passenger bulb was out, I parked truck got out and I let the lights turn off on there own, well I notice the side marker on the passenger side that had the bulb out was flickering. What can this be? Bulbs brand new.

#3 ·
Could be broken wire in the harness, springs in the lamp socket losing tension and not making good contact with the bulb, or corroded/dirty contacts in the lamp socket. I think the place to start is inspect the lamp socket and make sure the contacts have good spring tension so they press firmly against the bulb, and clean the contacts with a little 600 grit sandpaper.

#5 ·
Everything seems to be good, yet still acting weird? Tonight it did it again, said lamp out, my passenger side was, but then came back on but still said lamp out, I put high beams on and the lamp out reading goes away. Then blinker was acting as it blew but then worked.

Any more input?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.