DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram + Snow + Camping + Hunting

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  h2oman 
#1 · (Edited)
Whoo I had a fun weekend and my Ram performed flawlessly (well almost).

Took my truck to Frostburg to visit my dad since they were supposed to get 3-5" of snow (instead of my car).

We decided the next morning to head to Deep Creek and set up camp in the State Forest so my dad could hunt on Doe day.

Had to drive up 5 or so miles of un touched snowy mountain roads with about 4-5 inches on them. My dad was pleasantly surprised how well my tires/Ram did. Got up and back without a problem. Even on the freshly coated highway at 50 MPH the truck did great in 4wd. Try goofin around at the campsite in 2wd, truck wouldn't go anywhere at all. haha

Only issue was my tail gate locking mechanism froze so I had to use ratchet straps to keep it closed for the trip back. He ended up shooting a pretty decent Doe.

here are some pics.

See less See more
#3 ·
it's great that you say that. Sometimes I get bored of where I live and envy other places with big scenery. then I have to step back and look at what we do have and it really is some beautiful stuff. you definitely have to go out west of the state in the mountains though. towards the ocean it's just BLAH.

thanks for the compliments!

#4 ·
Nice pics and congrats on the doe!

#5 ·
thanks man!

i wish the doe was mine! we were in MD and i didn't have an out of state license ($130!!!!).

i haven't made it out into the woods this season with my knee and lack of places to hunt.

hopefully next year I'll have some property down on the eastern shore to hunt.

not a big fan of hunting on public land. scares the shit out of me with how dumb people are.

#8 ·
Looks like a great time man! And of course, why wouldn't that beast of a truck perform flawlessly! Glad you guys had a good trip

#11 ·
ya I shouldn't have underestimated her!

Those deer get sneakier and sneakier each year don't they!! LOL....

Nice pics of the truck in the snow! We have loads of snow here now too, but I've not taken any pics yet.

hahah damn sneaky deer. Ya we don't get the kind of snow people up north get, so 5-8 inches is a good bit for us around here and enough to throw everyone into a frenzy.

That's awesome, fish! You got to have fun and spend some quality time with your dad.
Thanks man!

oh and just to clarify, that's my dad and my best bud Brennan in the picture with the deer. I was taking the picture.

#12 ·
Nice doe. Congrats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.