DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Time to change the blower motor

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Lake O Hunter 
#1 ·
2006 1500 crew cab 4.7 auto 4x4

Looks like it I'm going to be replacing the heater\AC motor. My wife told me it was running very slow for a week or so (I was out of town on business) and got to the point where turning on the switch just caused the lights to dim but it wouldn't spin at all.

So is there anything I should know in advance and any advice on how to best do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Dave

#8 ·
Wow, everything about this looks fun; I am havings some a/c problems and something is 'gurgling behind my dash when I turn off my truck. not to hi jack the thread but it looks like my dash is going to have to be taken apart also...

My a/c is not working at idle speeds but is ice cold at highway speed; its on recirculate and when I turn my truck off it sounds like someone is belching or gargling in the vicinity of my heater core. I do not have any fluid leaks on the floor or in the engine compartment that I can see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.