DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Halo led projector headlights

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  odomaustin 
#1 ·
Ok so I just bought these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0575788503&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I just bought them cuz i like the look and i thought they were easy plug and play, now a friend informed me i have to wire the leds and halos seperatly from the bulb, how is this done and can u turn the leds and halos on with the bulbs being off? any reviews? Thanx and also what exatly does projector headlight mean and how does this affect looks and brightness

#2 ·
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about posting a few photos of your truck? I'm Sure you'll get an answer soon, there are plenty of threads on the wiring of the lights and techniques to make them work. Drop by the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself and post photos cause we all love pictures.:Hey:

#3 ·
These are actually very easy to wire in, What people "normally" do is wire their halo and led's directly to their parking lights so they can be on without the actual head light being on.

A "true" projector is designed to spread the light evenly out in front of the vehicle and also have a distinct cut off of light so your light wont blind on coming traffic.

This is what true projectors will look like

These lights you bought are a total personal preference, IMO, and this is only my opinion but I am not a fan because they are not "true" projectors and you may encounter a light patter like this.

Hope this helps...Any other questions don't hesitate to ask...

And here is what mine looks like with my retro fit projectors

And if you look at the white building just to the right you can see the distinct cut off.

And here is what my lights look like, Just like stock! lol

#5 ·
Yes you can run HID's in them. They will look similar to the second pic above. And for the halo's being on with your tail lights you are correct. The only way to have then on by themselves is to hard wire they to a constant power source and switch them in the truck, Or you could wire them into a ACC somewhere to where it will come on with the key.

#6 ·
i will probably hard wire them into a switch in the cab so i can leave them on while i run into the grocery store, etc. between them and my underbody led kit my truck will be glowing, still deciding beteen led smoked tailights, or just vht nightshades, hmmmmm???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.