DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New Laramie finally arrived! Pics included...

4K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Flatlandor 
#1 · (Edited)
Well after what seemed to be a very long wait (not too bad - 7 1/2 weeks) I finally have my new Ram in the garage.

Now it's time to start on my mods as the boxes have been piling up in the shop!

I'm going to start a build thread, but thought I'd share a couple "before" pictures here first. Actually, I didn't get a complete before picture because the first mod was to paint and install the sport hood which was done by the dealer before I picked up the truck. (By the way, I've got a brand new hood for sale.)

My new wheels that I have modified (see build thread) will go on tomorrow, lots of things to install over the weekend, and then on Monday it goes in for some additional paint work. anyway, here's how she sits to start with.

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the Laramie with the sport hood. The hood is what's pushing me towards a sport. Your way of doing it may change my mind. Nice truck.

#4 ·
Congrats on the new ride, that is a really good looking truck!!

#13 ·
Very nice. The Sport hood was a good choice...

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone! Really wanted that hood and paid for it. With paint, ran just under $1,500, but I do have a hood for sale so we'll see what my "net" cost is after the hood sells.

Put my wheels and tires on today. Bed rails and the 14" Mufflex tomorrow. Catch can, interior filter and other goodies over the weekend hopefully. Hopefully my grill will show up tomorrow as well. Goes in Monday for Linex on the bed and to cover the silver two-tone. The black will go with the wheels I bought and customized. I will work on the build thread this weekend hopefully and at least get it started.

Thanks again for the kind words. Hopefully my "vision" for the truck turns out well.

#20 ·
Thanks everyone! Really wanted that hood and paid for it. With paint, ran just under $1,500, but I do have a hood for sale so we'll see what my "net" cost is after the hood sells.

Put my wheels and tires on today. Bed rails and the 14" Mufflex tomorrow. Catch can, interior filter and other goodies over the weekend hopefully. Hopefully my grill will show up tomorrow as well. Goes in Monday for Linex on the bed and to cover the silver two-tone. The black will go with the wheels I bought and customized. I will work on the build thread this weekend hopefully and at least get it started.

Thanks again for the kind words. Hopefully my "vision" for the truck turns out well.
I see that you are getting a new grill. You wouldnt happen to be selling your laramie grill would you if so I would buy it from you. Thanks

#18 ·
#21 ·
Yes I've ordered a new grill but am undecided if I'm going to keep it. Gonna test fit and see what I think keep an eye on my build thread to stay posted on the decision.

#23 · (Edited)
Grill I ordered (inserts only) looks like this:

Thought it would go well with the black I'm putting on the sides, but think it might look too "plain". I think I gotta just see it to know. Open to opinions...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.