DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Timing retard

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  hydrex 
#1 ·
Hi!Anyone knows how i can retard the timing for nitrous application on my 2012
5.7 Dodge ram?If it's not doable can i use 114 octane fuel with one or two
Step colder plugs to prevent a desaster?I want to go between 100-125 shot.Thanks in advance...or retard....failed joke....

#5 ·
Try it with the stock plugs first. No sense changing 16 plugs on a guesstimate. Especially if it works on 1500V10's ride... Look at his sig, I think he has a pretty good idea what he is doing. Please lmk how it turns out, I may put a wet system on mine later on. Remember to pull the plugs and read them after a some usage to see what effects the nitrous has. No sense in race fuel either if you can't tune for it.

#7 ·
1996 Dodge Ram 1500

Hello my name is Michael and i recently purchased my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.9l but its the heavy duty 1500 from what i was told. long story short i have 94k original miles and got it from the origional owner for $1000. i have since added a cool air intake and changed all fluids to royal purple and glass pack exhaust. i was told i can adjust timing for best performance however i dont know which way and how much to adjust it. any ideas or info would be great. Thanks

#9 ·
Hello my name is Michael and i recently purchased my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.9l but its the heavy duty 1500 from what i was told. long story short i have 94k original miles and got it from the origional owner for $1000. i have since added a cool air intake and changed all fluids to royal purple and glass pack exhaust. i was told i can adjust timing for best performance however i dont know which way and how much to adjust it. any ideas or info would be great. Thanks
I would find a way to datalog first to see whether it's runnin rich or lean to determine whether an adjustment should be made...

#11 ·
1 range colder gapped .35 thousands works great with 93 octane. Will run fine on the street. Before there was a tuner for the 05's I sprayed a 100 shot many times at the track. Once you get a Diablo tuner you can optimize and safely tune a 150 hp shot, weld in a wideband O2 sensor and dyno tune 150 at the rear wheel shot. The pills that come with the kits are pretty rich for safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.