DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Please excuse my dumb question, but I need to ask because others have done this..
1) you sure that you're not pressing the Uconnect voice button by mistake?
2) If you are actually pressing the Uconnect phone button, then can you try renaming the file to uconnect.upn and try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto178 View Post
The iPhone UCONNECT update from the other thread installed ok, and fixed a bunch of issues that I had with using my iPhone in my truck. THANK YOU!!

However, this particular update does not seem to be taking. FAT32 formatted a USB flash drive, copied the uconnect.upd file onto it after DLing and renaming from this thread. I inserted the drive into the glovebox USB port. I then tried the voice commands that you mention in your instructions, but I get the "not recognized command." so i went back to the previous UCONNECT thread and saw that you pressed and held the uconnect button to initiate the upload. I tried that method, and still got nothing.

Has anyone been able to successfully update their system with this TSB? If so, did it resolve the crappy streaming sound?
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Still looking
Rep:13
moto178 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Please excuse my dumb question, but I need to ask because others have done this..
1) you sure that you're not pressing the Uconnect voice button by mistake?
That's exactly what i was doing. I incorrectly assumed the "Uconnect button" was the voice one.

Using the phone button successfully initiated the SW update. It finished fine. This does seem to have fixed the audio streaming quality issue. Previously, i would always plug the phone in and have to switch it to "Dock Connector" because the streaming audio sounded like crap. So far it sounds great after the update.

xsdbs, Thats two huge complaints I had with the UConnect system that you have tracked down and provided fixes for. Kudos to you man. Thanks!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 AM

cool, glad it was a simple thing. You are quite welcome and I'm glad that I was able to help you. Enjoy it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto178 View Post
That's exactly what i was doing. I incorrectly assumed the "Uconnect button" was the voice one.

Using the phone button successfully initiated the SW update. It finished fine. This does seem to have fixed the audio streaming quality issue. Previously, i would always plug the phone in and have to switch it to "Dock Connector" because the streaming audio sounded like crap. So far it sounds great after the update.

xsdbs, Thats two huge complaints I had with the UConnect system that you have tracked down and provided fixes for. Kudos to you man. Thanks!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman SLT
Color: black/gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Connman67 is on a distinguished road

I tried the update, after two minutes, it said the used archive is not compatible with this unit. I have the RHB unit.
I did play with the bluetooth after this attempt, here is the issue. I get the skipping sound and fast forward sound BUT.... once the iphone screen goes black, (takes about a minute for my phone) the streaming works well. When i push the iphone button, blue tooth sounds like crap again, i leave the phone alone till it goes to sleep and the streaming sounds great again! I can live with this but would like to get it to work perfect. Just thought id share with others, you may want to try it to see if this is the case for you too.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM

your issue is a know issue with the iPhone,
there are 2 Uconnect SW updates and they need to be done in order. This update for this thread is #2.
The 1st update can be found in the link below, do it first, then for better sound quality, perform the update in this thread.

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?...=2011+uconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connman67 View Post
I tried the update, after two minutes, it said the used archive is not compatible with this unit. I have the RHB unit.
I did play with the bluetooth after this attempt, here is the issue. I get the skipping sound and fast forward sound BUT.... once the iphone screen goes black, (takes about a minute for my phone) the streaming works well. When i push the iphone button, blue tooth sounds like crap again, i leave the phone alone till it goes to sleep and the streaming sounds great again! I can live with this but would like to get it to work perfect. Just thought id share with others, you may want to try it to see if this is the case for you too.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman SLT
Color: black/gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Connman67 is on a distinguished road

I believe i did the first update over a Month ago. Is there way i can tell for sure? -Thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM

The 2 easiest ways that would tell me if you did the 1st update is
1) to plug in an iPod or iPhone to the docking cable, does Uconnect read the iPod and start play or is there an "error occurred" displayed on the radio screen? (if it reads and starts to play, then the update was done)

2) Try streaming audio from the phone, does it sound like the chipmunks? (If the streaming audio is not playing fast and choppy then the update was done).

***note - if you are using an iPhone to test the streaming audio, in order to really test it to see if it is playing fast is to have it playing then press the home button on the phone so that the backlighting is on, then if the audio doesn't play fast, the update was done****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connman67 View Post
I believe i did the first update over a Month ago. Is there way i can tell for sure? -Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Mega Cab w/6.7 Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
cooptire is on a distinguished road
Default 3rd Radio-How do I tell which software version?

I am on the 3rd radio (RHB) in my 2011. I had an issue with the first one and the dealer replaced it under warranty. Then the dealer called me back a few weeks later and replaced the 2nd one because of a programming issue, IIRC. So now I am on my 3rd radio. How can I tell what my software version is? I am having some issues with the bluetooth and my iPhone 5 as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM

1) what was wrong with the 1st radio?
2) a "programming issue"? The dealer just called you without your having a problem and told you that there was a programming issue with the radio?
3) On the RHB radio, press the "menu" button--> system set up --> system information --> the the radio SW is across from "application".
4) Now if your asking about what SW is in the Uconnect module, you'll need to drop the glovebox down to the floor, look inside the dash structure to the far right, you'll see a black module about 4"x6". You'll see the SW version there. (can you take a picture of it and post it)
5) Have you had any Uconnect SW updates or TSBs done on the truck?
6) What are the issues that you're having with the iPhone5? also what network are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooptire View Post
I am on the 3rd radio (RHB) in my 2011. I had an issue with the first one and the dealer replaced it under warranty. Then the dealer called me back a few weeks later and replaced the 2nd one because of a programming issue, IIRC. So now I am on my 3rd radio. How can I tell what my software version is? I am having some issues with the bluetooth and my iPhone 5 as well.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
M.Scipione is on a distinguished road

There are 2 files posted... 1 for hispeed can bus and 1 for low speed can bus.

Am I the only one that has no idea wtf that means?