DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Epitonic is on a distinguished road
Exclamation ---Suspension leveling my Ram OFF-ROAD Edition---

Current set-up: 2" Daystar torsion lift (very rough ride, I hate it) LT295/70R18E Nitto Trail grapplers on 18x9 XD series Monsters.

I would like to go with a suspension level after I remove the 2" Daystar torsion lift and put the stock keys back in. I was looking at the Bilstein 5100 adjustable suspension for the front and I am also thinking about replacing the back with Bilstein 5100s.

Q: do I need the adjustable Bilstein 5100 for the back suspension?
Q
: are the Bilstein 5100s the same size as my ram off-road edition suspension for the rear suspension?
Q: Will I still keep my height I have now with my 2" torsion lift if I replace all of my ram off-road edition suspension to Bilstein 5100s.
Q: what setting do I use on the front adjustable 5100s if I change the back suspension to 5100s? And the setting id use if I keep the stock off-road edition suspension in the back?

Please can someone clarify!

Last edited by Epitonic; 12-16-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2012, 01:16 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitonic View Post
Current set-up: 2" Daystar torsion lift (very rough ride, I hate it) LT295/70R18E Nitto Trail grapplers on 18x9 XD series Monsters.

I would like to go with a suspension level after I remove the 2" Daystar torsion lift and put the stock keys back in. I was looking at the Bilstein 5100 adjustable suspension for the front and I am also thinking about replacing the back with Bilstein 5100s.

Q: do I need the adjustable Bilstein 5100 for the back suspension?
Q
: are the Bilstein 5100s the same size as my ram off-road edition suspension for the rear suspension?
Q: Will I still keep my height I have now with my 2" torsion lift if I replace all of my ram off-road edition suspension to Bilstein 5100s.

Please can someone clarify!
bilstein only makes the adjustable struts for 06-2012 rams, the do make 5100 series shocks for you truck but they are not adjustable so i do not think you would get a level out of them, not with just the shocks alone anyway. Also they do not make ride height adjustable shocks for the rear either, they just make a superior shock for the rear that improves ride quality.

i know this is not the answer you were looking for but i hope this helps.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Peformance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport 4x4 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Rep:42
Phildo is on a distinguished road

Your front suspension is suspended with torsion bars and not coil springs on struts so changing the shocks will have no effect on height.
Dodge never made an "off road edition" in the 3rd gens other then the power wagon. So the only difference in height is coming from your lift keys and possibly a rear block. The only way to get lift is to keep what you have or go to a full on suspension lift.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:29 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
Your front suspension is suspended with torsion bars and not coil springs on struts so changing the shocks will have no effect on height.
Dodge never made an "off road edition" in the 3rd gens other then the power wagon. So the only difference in height is coming from your lift keys and possibly a rear block. The only way to get lift is to keep what you have or go to a full on suspension lift.
what he said ^^^

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

I put an extra leaf in the rear when my truck was new, then raised the front by adjusting the torsion bars up. Put on Rancho 9000's all around and adjusted to max. Yes it rides firm, but it gives excellent control with a big 10,000 lb fifth wheel trailer and hauls heavy loads in the bed great. I don't see why the Ranchos wouldn't work for you. You might try a lower setting, but I'm fine with the firm ride. Sticks to the road great too.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf.Line-X Bedliner, 210,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 12-16-2012, 09:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback
Old 12-16-2012, 09:18 PM

Thanks, going to probably go for the 4" Rancho lift now.