DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Luxury Laramie Edition

90K views 745 replies 57 participants last post by  Arth 
#1 ·
Hello all! Welcome to my build page (well, building page). LOL

My goal with my new rig is to chrome it out to be the best damn looking Laramie in the Basin (live just south of SLC).

This is her window sticker:
Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Mineral Gray Metallic
Dark Slate Gray
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Floor-Mounted Shift Lever
Heated Second Row Seats

5.7L V8 HEMI (Love this part!!)
6 Speed Automatic

Standard Equipment
Power Adjustable Pedals w/Memory
Security Alarm
Trailer Tow Wiring w/4 pin Connector
7-Pin Harness
HD Engine Cooling
Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
Supplemental Side-Curtain Front & Rear Airbags
TPMS Display
Remote Entry
Electric Shift on Demand Transfer Case
Parkview Back up Camera

Interior
Second-Row In-Floor Storage
AC w/Dual Zone Control
730N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
Alpine Surround w/9 Speakers & Subwoof
Heated Front Seats
10-way Pwr Driver w/Memory & 6-Way Pwr Pass
Front Center Seat Cushion Storage
Memory for Radio, Driver's Seat, Mirrors & Pedals
Heated Steering Wheel (very nice feature! no more gloves!)
Wood Grain Instrument Panel Accent
Deluxe Door Trim Panel
SiriusXM Travel Link/1Yr Sub
SiriusXM Sat Radio/1Yr Sub
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth
40GB Hard Drive with 20GB Available
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls (a must have)
Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat (This is NOT true.. they only flip up.. they DO NOT fold down! :4-angermax:)
Power Lumbar Adjust
115V Aux Power Outlet
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Sun Visors w/Illuminated Mirrors
Rear Power Sliding Window

Exterior
20inx9in Aluminum Chrome-Clad Wheels
Dual Rear Exhaust
Lower Two Tone Paint
Bright Grille
Body Color/Chrome Door Handles
Accent Fender Flares
Halogen Quad Headlamps
Fog Lamps
Chrome Exterior Mirrors
Power Multi-Function Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
P275/60R20 BSW All Season Tires

Optional Equipment (the fun starts here!)
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Floor-Mounted Auto Shift Lever
Heated Second-Row Seats
Ventilated Front Seats (woo baby.. up the neder regions! :SHOCKED:)
Customer Preferred Package 25H
Protection Group
Tow Hooks
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Front Suspension Skid Plate
Monotone Paint (had to have this.. trade in was two tone..not a fan anymore)
Body-Color Fender Flares
Front and Rear Rubber/Slush Floor Mats
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Power Chrome Trailer Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
Power Sunroof
Chrome Tubular Side Steps by Mopar
P275/60R20 OWL All Season Tires
Remote Start System (omg.. the best!)
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Trailer Brake Control

More pictures to come!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Someone warned me early on that this site would cause me to want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on mods.. they were right! :LOL:

Mods already purchased, but not yet installed:
Euro-Style Antenna
Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite Tonneau Cover
Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector

I will post pictures and updates when I get these installed (the first one arrives Monday! Woot!)

Mods I plan to do (please note: this list is not like most others on here.. I don't want to mess with much under the hood.. most of my mods, as you will see, are for aesthetic purposes):

Chrome Window Visors (Putco Element #480137)
Chrome Fuel Door (Mopar #82211393)
Chrome Tailgate Handle (TOTAL PART REPLACEMENT.. no 3M here!)
(I still have yet to locate the exact part or location I will purchase from)
Air Filter (K&N #33-2247)
Tailgate Control (EZ Down)
Mud Flap Set of Four (In the works for a very sweet set.. to be continued.. ;))
Remote Tailgate Kit (Mopar #82211668AB)
Door Sill Plates (Mopar #82212428AB - actually working on getting a custom set that say 'Laramie'.. hoping it works out!)
3rd Brake Light Overlay ('Hemi')

#4 ·
Patience Padawan. My wallet needs to catch up after the mods I've already purchased.
:LOL:
I can't wait to put it all together! It's all in my head and looks superb! I fought back and forth about going smoke or chrome and decided that the mineral gray is an excellent candidate for being Chromed Out! :D Thanks for your interest! I will certainly be posting more pictures as things progress!

#10 ·
yes you did, he is pulling your leg, lmao, hey I don't see the cabin air filter as a mod ordered or a future mod to come, you really need to at this mod to your list, its only about 25$ and will keep the inside of your truck nice and clean. Nice truck by the way

#19 ·
Cabin air filter mod? I am all for a clean truck.. I am OCD when it comes to cleanliness and being orderly.

BTW- definitely stay away from fast.... everytime i look at his build thread it makes me want to spend money :LOL:
That is not entirely a bad thing.. wanting to make your rig shine and stand out, I mean ;)

I know a mod that won't cost any money! Pull off that black tape on the B-Pillar! Will make the truck a heck of alot cleaner IMO. :smileup:
Pull the tape off.. what tape?

Definitely listen to those two :) the black on the pillars makes it look cheap. pulling it off will just give it a cleaner look. i got lucky and dodge didnt put that stuff on 3rd gens
So pulling the tape reveals.. what?.. more metallic gray paint?? :158: That would be awesome! How would one go about removing this tape?? :D

#11 ·
you did :) just keep tracking your progress in here. Its a good looking truck and i love that color. its one of the few colors that looks good with chrome and smoke, just incase you get bored lol sounds like you got a solid build plan laid out :smileup: keep up the good work!! BTW- definitely stay away from fast.... everytime i look at his build thread it makes me want to spend money :LOL:

#15 ·
Definitely listen to those two :) the black on the pillars makes it look cheap. pulling it off will just give it a cleaner look. i got lucky and dodge didnt put that stuff on 3rd gens

#21 ·
Yea... listen to fast. i never had to do it. but everyone that has said that its REALLY simple. its something that dodge shouldnt have done, IMO it makes it look cheap and tacky. if you decide to do this then definitely make sure to post before and after pics :)

#23 ·
haha Yes ma'am :gy: you should be fine to do it under your carport. you dont need a ton of heat. just enough to actual heat up the adhesive underneath it

#27 ·
ArrGG!!! I want to do this right now! But there is no light out for good before and after shots.. I do have an excellent Canon SX40 camera though.. ugh.. what to do, what to do!

#29 ·
Eh... why put off tomorrow what you can do today ? ;)
wait.... and take your time in good light

#30 ·
I have sold hubby on the idea.. :D
One final question though.. is there any way, I mean ANY way I can do this wrong? Or mess it up? I understand if I go too fast, some adhesive will be left behind (but I have lighter fluid and WD-40 for that.. actually already had to remove some adhesive the dealership left on the back of the cab.. so I have experience in that).. but is there anything else I can screw up here??

#32 ·
From everything i have heard and seen, no. You should be fine. its just black tape basically. you'll be fine :) just take your time and you'll love what you see afterwards :smileup:

#34 ·
Okay then! I'm off to the carport :D
Will take pics before and after.. and depending on how they turn out.. will post more pics tomorrow after the sun comes up.

#36 ·
I like it :) ill be waiting for pics

#38 ·
Okay.. Driver's side is done! Woohoo!

Total time for both driver's and passenger's doors: 32 minutes.
(Give me a break.. it was cold as hell and dark!)

I would recommend doing this when it is warmer than 43 degrees Fahrenheit outside :LOL:

Before:

I did the driver's door first. Open the door and put the window down all the way. Near the top of the door edge, right across from the top of the window, the tape wrapped around from the outside of the door to the inside.. about 1/4 inch. Start here and heat up and peel slowly until you have the entire door edge peeled free...

Outside view of free edge peeled away..

Then start peeling the tape down the pillar. The window edge actually wraps around into the window channel ever so slightly, so take care not to pull too fast or you might leave some little pieces behind in the channel. I don't think this would cause any issues down the road, but I'm a heckler for cleanliness and made sure not to leave any tape behind. :)

Now, when you get to the bottom of the panel, you will run into the window trim.

When you get here, you will need a Phillips screwdriver to loosen the edge of the window trim shown here..

With the inner screw removed, The window trim will be able to be pulled slightly away from the door, allowing you to just pull the tape off the rest of the way. Don't forget to put the inner window trim screw back in! Now you are done with the driver's door! Next, on to the passenger door..

The passenger door was a bit more tricky. The tape wraps about 1/4 inch into the center of the pillar so you will need to slip the weather strip off in order to access the tape's edge. And also put the window down all the way.. will make things easier..

Then start heating and peeling from the window channel side (it's easier to start there)..

And again, once you peel to the bottom, you will need to remove the inner screw in order to loosen the window trim..

IMPORTANT NOTE: This screw almost got away from me due to how it is recessed into the door. I highly suggest using a magnetic screwdriver to catch the screw! I got lucky and happened to be using one,

Inner window trim screw..

Holding the trim back gently, pull the rest of the tape off and viola! You are done!

Oh! Don't forget to clean up after yourself! (Your wife/girlfriend will appreciate it ;))

#42 ·
:LOL:I am a very dedicated and stubborn woman! Once I set my mind on something, I do it! No matter what the image may be. :D

Sweet right up!
Glad you did this tonight.... So :rep:
Thanks for that (although I am still learning about Rep Points and what they're all about, lol)
I, too, am glad I did it and am DAMN pleased with the results! Couldn't be happier! (Well, would love to do the other side, but hubby's work rig is parked there.. so I have to wait til tomorrow.)

Great job, now that is dedication. :rep: You certainly deserve these :smileup:
Thanks much! I hope this helps others who have been thinking and considering this easy to do mod, if you can even call it that. :)

#46 ·
That looks really good! See, it was definitely worth it :)

:LOL: that is a pretty funny image though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.