DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Sonar LED tails??

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TheSatinPumpkin 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with Sonar brand lights? LED tail lights in particular? I found a used set for sale locally...both tails and the third brake light for $120. Seller says the third brake light had a couple of LEDs blinking but he isn't sure why. Said he thought it might have been a ground issue. I'm thinking about offering him $80. Any thoughts?

Also, about LED tails in general....are you just screwed if an LED goes out? I assume you could try taking it to an electronics repair place (I happen to know a good one in town).

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
I had Sonars for a few months. Took them off as they did not stay flush and was loose even though they were screwed in all the way. Longer screws would of most likely taken care of it but decided to go back to oem.
It prob' rare cause there has been a lot of members who have them with zero issues and love them.

Also the fitment issue may not even apply to your local sale since i assume you will do a try before buy before handing over the $$. So take the above with a grain of salt cause you prob be fine.

A Member did a side by side with the more expensive Recons and advised they are 100% the same down to the circuitry.

Other than the fitment i was very pleased on the output. Still have them in the garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.