DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Hmm, Maybe I was jumping ahead a bit. So let's start with this question. When you say "garbled" do you mean kind of choppy and may sound like the chipmunks (Alvin)?
If so and you haven't had any Uconnect updates performed then I can help you some there. Here is the link for the 2011 SW update for Uconnect. This update will help that issue and the sound quality is good, just not great and this is due to my earlier explanation about the bitpool rate.
Here are the instructions for the update procedure:
Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read? Let me know how this works out for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

We'll go from there, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrnnr View Post
The bit pool rate is what causes my problem?

How much are the modules and where do I get one?

Does the dealer have an update for my 2011 do you know?

This is what I have:

Thanks Man
Old 05-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Rugged Brown
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
roadrnnr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Hmm, Maybe I was jumping ahead a bit. So let's start with this question. When you say "garbled" do you mean kind of choppy and may sound like the chipmunks (Alvin)?
If so and you haven't had any Uconnect updates performed then I can help you some there. Here is the link for the 2011 SW update for Uconnect. This update will help that issue and the sound quality is good, just not great and this is due to my earlier explanation about the bitpool rate.
Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read? Let me know how this works out for you.

We'll go from there, ok.
Well I have an HTC Droid incredible 2 and when I stream the google navigation the nav voice is all cut off at the beginning and sounds like it speeds up while she is talking. You really cant understand the instructions. Also when I had music on my Phone it would start playing all of them at once over and over. I had to delete all the music from the phone to stop it.

I will try this update

This is what I get when I go to the set up screen:

Software:20.02.01
Audio CPU: 051310
Gracenotes 8E6
Hardware: T00AM1810M6563

Can that tell you if I have updates? I have not had the dealer do any as of yet.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 08:49 AM

This update that I listed is for the Uconnect module. The information that you just listed is the radio SW version. I believe that there is an update for the radio also available and I think the dealer has a CD for that update.
So you may want to call the dealer, speak to a service writer and ask about the updates for both items (radio & Uconnect module).
The TSB for the Uconnect module is 08-019-12, I don't know the # for the radio. Maybe you can post that # here in your next reply. TIA.

Quote:
Well I have an HTC Droid incredible 2 and when I stream the google navigation the nav voice is all cut off at the beginning and sounds like it speeds up while she is talking. You really cant understand the instructions. Also when I had music on my Phone it would start playing all of them at once over and over. I had to delete all the music from the phone to stop it.

I will try this update

This is what I get when I go to the set up screen:

Software:20.02.01
Audio CPU: 051310
Gracenotes 8E6
Hardware: T00AM1810M6563

Can that tell you if I have updates? I have not had the dealer do any as of yet.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
This update that I listed is for the Uconnect module. The information that you just listed is the radio SW version. I believe that there is an update for the radio also available and I think the dealer has a CD for that update.
So you may want to call the dealer, speak to a service writer and ask about the updates for both items (radio & Uconnect module).
The TSB for the Uconnect module is 08-019-12, I don't know the # for the radio. Maybe you can post that # here in your next reply. TIA.
So I should do this update for my droid or is that only to help Iphones? http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

I will contact the dealer on the software update.

Thanks Man
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM

yeah, you'll want to do that update, it has been known to help a lot of phones other than just the Apple products. That will take care of the Uconnect module update and the dealer should have the update disc for the radio.
You're welcome buddy.

Quote:
So I should do this update for my droid or is that only to help Iphones? http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

I will contact the dealer on the software update.

Thanks Man
Old 05-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
yeah, you'll want to do that update, it has been known to help a lot of phones other than just the Apple products. That will take care of the Uconnect module update and the dealer should have the update disc for the radio.
You're welcome buddy.
Did the Uconnect update yesterday and all went smooth. My GPS voice from my phone seems to now work. I only hear it when I am on AUX "Audio Streaming" though. I thought it was supposed to cut in if you are listening to the radio.

Thanks for the update.

Also what will the software update for my Radio from the dealer change in my system?

Thanks,
Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 PM

Glad it helped you out. The radio update will add to the gracenotes library, I believe that travelink will become active also if it's not currently working as well as other enhancements that I don't have full details on.

Quote:
Did the Uconnect update yesterday and all went smooth. My GPS voice from my phone seems to now work. I only hear it when I am on AUX "Audio Streaming" though. I thought it was supposed to cut in if you are listening to the radio.

Thanks for the update.

Also what will the software update for my Radio from the dealer change in my system?

Thanks,
Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

I'll have to have the dealer do this when I go for my 16,000 mile service
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 05-31-2012, 01:21 PM

well, ok then. I'm sure that you will appreciate the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
I'll have to have the dealer do this when I go for my 16,000 mile service
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
buccaneezer is on a distinguished road

Quote:

We'll go from there, ok.
THANK YOU!!

I had serious issues streaming audio via my bluetooth in my truck until I performed this update. Of course, I assumed initially that the problem was with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S i9000m), and was attempting all varieties of custom ROM in an attempt to get this feature to work. It was driving me nuts!!

It wasn't until a co-worker with the same model of phone mentioned that his worked fine with his Mazda, and it had the same problem with my truck that I realized that it was an issue with the truck.

I performed the update during my daily drive home from work--it took about 15 minutes (and the steady ping... ping... ping... just about had me developing a facial tic) and by the time I got home... fixed!!

Again, THANK YOU!!!