DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dgreen3855 is on a distinguished road

It won't work for a 2010 either. I tried for a while trying to get it to work to no avail. But I will try again later next week becuase I have to take mine to the dealer to get a new radio anyway. For whatever reason mine will play DVDs but not CDs. It even installed an update via CD. Whenever I put in a purchased or burnt CD it does not recognize it. I took it to the dealer last week and they said it has some sort of CD malfunction and sent off for another one from the dealer. It is supposed to be in anyday now. So I am hoping although I have a 2010 truck the radio that they will put in will be a "2012" one. Mine is RBZ by the way.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Charcoal Grey
nhawes226 is on a distinguished road

Yes I have a 2011, RBZ. Streaming audio currently works for me, the quality is just garbage. Anytime I want to listen to music from my iphone, I need to turn off bluetooth and plug it in through the glovebox (very annoying).

I'm not sure that any updates have been issued for 2011s? I will have to find out what version I am running; do you know what the most current version for the 2011s are?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

The update that is being talked about (like the post says) is for 2012 vehicles only, with RES< REQ< RHB & RBZ radios ONLY. It will not work for 2010 or 2011 vehicles.
Your replacement radio will most likely be a 2010 radio. Because they will go by the PN and the PN for the 2012 is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen3855 View Post
It won't work for a 2010 either. I tried for a while trying to get it to work to no avail. But I will try again later next week becuase I have to take mine to the dealer to get a new radio anyway. For whatever reason mine will play DVDs but not CDs. It even installed an update via CD. Whenever I put in a purchased or burnt CD it does not recognize it. I took it to the dealer last week and they said it has some sort of CD malfunction and sent off for another one from the dealer. It is supposed to be in anyday now. So I am hoping although I have a 2010 truck the radio that they will put in will be a "2012" one. Mine is RBZ by the way.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:32 PM

What is the build date of your truck? If it's after 6-1-2011, can you take a picture of the module for me? It's mounted to the dash structure to the right of the glovebox. Drop the glovebox down toward the floor, look inside to the far right and you'll see a similar looking module as pictured below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhawes226 View Post
Yes I have a 2011, RBZ. Streaming audio currently works for me, the quality is just garbage. Anytime I want to listen to music from my iphone, I need to turn off bluetooth and plug it in through the glovebox (very annoying).

I'm not sure that any updates have been issued for 2011s? I will have to find out what version I am running; do you know what the most current version for the 2011s are?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UC HFM.jpg (49.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Charcoal Grey
nhawes226 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty positive it wasnt built after that...however I could be wrong. I bought it in Nov. 2011. I will try to find out exactly when and take a picture of that module if it after that date.

Regardless if it was built before/after that date, the bluetooth audio quality still sucks and really makes me mad because I use my phone for music a lot, but cannot keep my bluetooth on to listen; which means no incoming phone calls.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 AM

The reason I wanted to know the build date of the vehicle is to try to determine which version of the Uconnect module you have and aslo to back iit up with a picture. This information would tell me if I can help further.
Now I'm kind of confused as to why you have to turn the BT off to listen to your music? You can have BT on and also have it connected to the docking cable.
Further advantages of using the docking cable is that it's safer that way. You don't have to pick the phone up and scroll thru it to change playlist, artist, tracks etc. You have more control with the radio in docking mode than you do in BT mode. Also you are charging the battery while using it this way rather than just depleting it.
There is a big difference in the bit pool that is being used on newer phones than when the SW was written for the 2011 vehicles which was back in early 2010. In fact the iPhone also was using a lower bit pool up thru their 4.0. They went higher with their 4.3 Update which now made them slightly incompatible like some other phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhawes226 View Post
I'm pretty positive it wasnt built after that...however I could be wrong. I bought it in Nov. 2011. I will try to find out exactly when and take a picture of that module if it after that date.

Regardless if it was built before/after that date, the bluetooth audio quality still sucks and really makes me mad because I use my phone for music a lot, but cannot keep my bluetooth on to listen; which means no incoming phone calls.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:26
Miami Son is on a distinguished road

Yeah, you shouldn't have to turn BT off, just switch it so that it only routes the phone audio via BT and not music audio. Don't know how you do it on an iPhone, but on my Android there are separate check boxes for each under the individual paired devices.

On my 2012 430N I stream audio via BT all the time (Slacker, Pandora, SkyFM) and they sound just as good as my MP3 files stored on the hard drive.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
dgreen3855 is on a distinguished road

So got my truck last night from the dealer. Remeber mine was the one where CDs would not play but everything else worked. They said they were going to replace the radio. Went to system set up and it seems like alot has changed. Here is what the old one said:
Application 08.05.01
Audio CPU 061810
Sirius FW 08.0017.5E
Gracenote 93F
System 0101

Here is what the new on says:
Application 33.00.41
Audio CPU 092611
Sirius 1A.00.1E.14
Gracenote D9F
System 0207

So what is your prognosis? Is this still a 2010 radio that is uptodate or is this something else? By the way thanks everyone for helping out a newbie!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:26
Miami Son is on a distinguished road

An update wouldn't change the CPU. Sounds like they installed a newer radio in your truck.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM

The 33.00.41 looks like it may be a 2012 radio. However you will most likely still be limited to the supported Uconnect features with the 2010 module. However I can verify this for you if you'd take a picture of the module and post it for me to check out. The module is located on the far right side of the dash structure. Drop the glovebox down toward the floor and look inside. You'll see it (about 4"x6").

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen3855 View Post
So got my truck last night from the dealer. Remeber mine was the one where CDs would not play but everything else worked. They said they were going to replace the radio. Went to system set up and it seems like alot has changed. Here is what the old one said:
Application 08.05.01
Audio CPU 061810
Sirius FW 08.0017.5E
Gracenote 93F
System 0101

Here is what the new on says:
Application 33.00.41
Audio CPU 092611
Sirius 1A.00.1E.14
Gracenote D9F
System 0207

So what is your prognosis? Is this still a 2010 radio that is uptodate or is this something else? By the way thanks everyone for helping out a newbie!