DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram Vans

Notices

Dodge Ram Vans For discussion of Dodge Ram Vans. Please use our existing technical areas for driveline discussion, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1992 Dodge Ram D150
Engine: 1992-1993 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 230 hp 280lb/ft
Rep:10
Will R is on a distinguished road
Default Off Topic: Ram Van

Is there any future plans to bring back the Ram Van? Seems Dodge/Ram is missing a big market by not making a full size size cargo van.
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

as i recall, dodge wasn't selling enough of their vans and stopped making them. a year or two later they intoduced the "sprint" a damliar benz product. not sure if they still sell these though.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:14 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Graphite
Rep:16
FrostKing is on a distinguished road

The Sprinter is back in the Mercedes dealerships which pissed off many contractors because the cost of parts doubled over night. I think they are looking at bringing in the Fiat commercial vans they use overseas.

Sold: 2003 RCSB 2WD
6.4L Hemi - Turbocharged, Alcohol, Nitrous
Old 02-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: WS
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:103
panhead will become famous soon enoughpanhead will become famous soon enough

Dodge has the Ram C/V. That goes back to the 80's and glad they are back. Its not a fullsize van.

I am completely disgusted every time I think about having to take a distributor cap off of one of these trucks -Screamintrashcan
Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Graphite
Rep:16
FrostKing is on a distinguished road

Here is the full-size and smaller commercial vans built by Fiat:

http://www.allpar.com/cars/adopted/fiat/vans.html

Sold: 2003 RCSB 2WD
6.4L Hemi - Turbocharged, Alcohol, Nitrous
Old 02-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Fiat and its Turkish manufacturing partner, Tofas Turk Otomobil Fabrikasi, revealed an agreement today to supply Ram with 190,000 Doblo commercial vans over seven years, starting in 2013.

The companies said in a joint statement that they would invest $160 million in upgrades to Tofas’s plant in Bursa, Turkey and changes to the van itself to meet requirements for sale in the U.S. and Canada.

With the departure of the Daimler-sourced Sprinter, the new vehicle will be the only van in Ram’s lineup. However, Fiat has ambitions to bring a larger van to the Ram brand that would be underpinned the the Ducato. That full-size van could also arrive in 2013.

Fiat didn’t specify exactly what might power to the American-market Doblo (nor if the Doblo name would be maintained). The Doblo is offered in Europe with a direct-injected, 2.0-liter turbodiesel that makes 135 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque in its most potent form, along with a 1.4-liter gas mill with 95 horsepower and 92 lb-ft of torque.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1992 Dodge Ram D150
Engine: 1992-1993 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 230 hp 280lb/ft
Rep:10
Will R is on a distinguished road

Fiat Ducato would be a nice cargo van to bring to the States, although I'd prefer to see a Ram Van with a Hemi instead of a small Euro diesel.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Van B2500 HD 1T
Trim Level: 12-passenger
Color: Military Army dark green
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:17
stev is on a distinguished road

The cost of the Sprinter drove away a good deal of Ram Van buyers who were looking for multi-passenger use. Ford had picked up a great share when the Ram Van left the scene. GM didn't gain much ground since the Savanna and Express are narrow and the cargo room limited.

The Ford Econoline is nearing it's EOL as well. Ford plans on bringing in a Transit multi-passenger and cargo van as the replacement.

At this point in time, the only real offering for 12-passenger vans are Ford and Nissan. Nissan just released the NV2500. Mileage isn't all that great though.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

I don't think Chrysler is going to re-introduce the Ram Van, they made them for so many years and at a point the price wasn't reasonable. Dodge did make the best vans in my opinion, they are very durable and were one of the first to have a van that was of a unibody design, Ford to this date still uses the old body on chassis, GM however uses the unibody. For one thing Dodge ditched the "American" style van for this Euro crap! They probably won't go back to the Ram Van because between gas prices and everything like that it's not economical to buy one, even for companies it's just not kosher. Honestly I would love for Chrysler to bring back the American van. I actually take some offense to Chrysler who was an American company, how can a company call themselves American if they are going to ditch an American icon for some Euro Junk, which by the way is junk the sprinter vans have so many faults and they are less aerodynamic and are not as safe as the Ram Vans, not that the Ram Van was safe to begin with but think of a shoe box on it's side lol...

Anyway's yea in a nut shell Chrysler saw a drop in sales of the Vans and they decided to pull back. Only thing is the drop of sales happened when the Oil Prices started to sky rocket, many people were and still are dumping then gas guzzler for some ricer.

Shameful part is that the demand for Van's has increased dramatically since then, for many reasons. Many people are loosing their homes and are either going to live out of a vehicle or will need to move somewhere, if you have a large family or even a small one a van is very useful, it's practically a universal vehicle. Also with people out of work they are now starting their own services (business) and that would generally require a large vehicle. Also with the vacation market, a conversion van is much more comfortable then any SUV that I have seen, the van is larger and in most cases will get better gas mileage then a big SUV.

Van's other then to carry people and things can certainly tow a massive amount of weight, mine up to 7900 Lbs. Newer ones are beyond that!

GM is going to make some money off their vans because Ford is now going to the Euro style with that Transit thing a ma jig. Chevy is to American I think to go to Euro Style but I don't fallow Chevy's so I don't know.

But of all companies the Americans are going Euro and the Euros are going American! WTH