DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 5.9 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
Meyster89 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Overhead console clips

Ok, so one of the clips broke on my overhead console broke and the other broke when i tore it down, now there are only the 2 screws that hold it up. looking for a whole new unit but they are a pretty penny for a new one, has anyone ever had this problem? or has anyone else found a way to fix this back to the room without buying a whole new unit?? Its a 1998 dodge ram quad cab, the overhead is just the cubby space and the two lights, nothing fancy, but i would like it fixed. any advice is appreciated! thanks in advance!
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyster89 View Post
Ok, so one of the clips broke on my overhead console broke and the other broke when i tore it down, now there are only the 2 screws that hold it up. looking for a whole new unit but they are a pretty penny for a new one, has anyone ever had this problem? or has anyone else found a way to fix this back to the room without buying a whole new unit?? Its a 1998 dodge ram quad cab, the overhead is just the cubby space and the two lights, nothing fancy, but i would like it fixed. any advice is appreciated! thanks in advance!
You might try epoxy for the broken part of the clip. The (2) screws should be enough depending upon what you put in the cubby.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 dodge Ram 5.2L
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Black custom pinstripe
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
FFCrisler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to FFCrisler

I had this same problem happen to me. what i did was took the left side lense out and pulled the bulb and in the center there is a hole i took a small self paper with a washer make sure the washer isnt to big that it touches the metal from either side of the light bulb socket. and screw it in to the roof. as long as u use a small enough screw it wont penetrate the roof.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:47 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

i did this same thing a couple weeks ago. mine kinda just chills up there and flaps around. quick fix... duck tape. yea.... i hate it. on a positive note i called the junk yard and they have a bunch of wrecks... 15 bucks for a new one (well not so new) so check out a junk yard in your area
Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Standard
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
DFCurt is on a distinguished road

Try: http://www.thecliplink.com/

They have a HUGE assortment of clips. I've found any clip for both my Ram and a Ford van there. Hope that helps.
John
Old 11-13-2011, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

my issue was actually the plastic clip thats part of the overhead. between that issue and the sunglass hold clip breaking... i just needed a whole new unit