DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport - Crew Cab
Color: Flame Red
Rep:30
webhair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripblck View Post
wow, this would be a perfect mod to my new ram. Curious on hiw the install would go on the 2010 being the computer/ dash board is totally diff from the 05
I think you can download the instructions from their website. I downloaded them from somewhere before I purchased them...

On the 09 and up model - the wires tie into the fuse block in the engine compartment. The installation instructions are very detailed and great!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccga3359 View Post
It works independantly from the comp. Powered right from the battery and tapped into the "door ajar" idiot light.
Well I'll let you know in about three weeks! CCGA I want to say thanks for the heads up on National4wd, they are ordering me a set for my 2010 should be here in 3 weeks. Price for my truck was 1050 plus 75 shipping and taxes. They raised the price to 1149 the next day, said their usd conversion was out of whack but would honor the price as posted when I called them! I can't wait sure glad I didn't order them out of the us in aug for 1300usd plus shipping
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-22-2010, 12:19 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Atlantic Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:42
ccga3359 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Well I'll let you know in about three weeks! CCGA I want to say thanks for the heads up on National4wd, they are ordering me a set for my 2010 should be here in 3 weeks. Price for my truck was 1050 plus 75 shipping and taxes. They raised the price to 1149 the next day, said their usd conversion was out of whack but would honor the price as posted when I called them! I can't wait sure glad I didn't order them out of the us in aug for 1300usd plus shipping
Glad to hear, I just love my steps and the fact they hide away when not in use. Now plan to spend about 4 hours on the install (nothing too difficult), hopefully in a heated garage.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Yeah fortunately I've got a fully equipped shop with gas heat to work in. takes about four hours to do? cant wait to see them on, this was the first mod I wanted on my truck when I got it. Wifey talked me out of it now that the level kit is on she thinks steps are a good idea :P
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 03-06-2011, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Atlantic Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:42
ccga3359 is on a distinguished road

Well winter is pretty much over and here's a report. Steps held up well. I had only one instance of a frozen step not extending because of ice build up on the pass. side. A quick boot and the ice fell off of the step (teflon coating helped) it was fine then. I noticed that salt/sand crap has built up at the front of the step being kicked up from the front tires. In the spring I'll see about adding a rubber or plastic deflector to prevent this as I don't think factory mud guards would extend in far enough.

One thing I would've done during installk would be to add some sort of switch hooked up to the door open idiot light. When powered it would extend my steps (with doors closed) for when I go through a car wash. The alternative to this is open the doors, stand on the step, close doors (keeping the step extended) on both sides, then pull the inline fuse under the hood (assuming that I remembered to pop the hood prior to doing all the door opening/step standing.

Still giving 100% recommendation for the steps. In my mind well worth the money.