DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:10
DRam14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc08 View Post
try using RAM for the make. Im sure the guys at bully's made the site so nothing past 2011(I think) is dodge
Thanks, that did the trick! I never would have thought of that because "ram" obviously isn't a "make", and you have to scroll way past dodge to find it..hmmm, thanks for the tip!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:15 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for helping him macc08. Ram has actually been its own division since 2011, so that is the correct manufacturer to find it under. You will have to look at Bully's Specialty Items, https://bullysperformance.com/bullys...y-items-54146/, if you wish to see the throttle body's and catch cans!

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:722
macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRam14 View Post
Thanks, that did the trick! I never would have thought of that because "ram" obviously isn't a "make", and you have to scroll way past dodge to find it..hmmm, thanks for the tip!

no problem!

In 2011 Ram became a seperate entity from Dodge, so I guess therefore, it technically is a "make" now instead of a model, and the model is the 1500/2500/3500 etc...

glad you got it figured out though!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Color: White
DRam14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc08 View Post
no problem!

In 2011 Ram became a seperate entity from Dodge, so I guess therefore, it technically is a "make" now instead of a model
Wow, they did that? Where have i been lol? i never even heard about the change..wonder what the story is behind it? Thats like making a corvette its own maker, instead of chevrolet.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Legal purposes and brand protection is my guess, so now you have Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and SRT, vs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep or Chrysler/Dahmler if you want to go back even farther, Plymouth used to be in there too, however they have been gone for a while now. Part of the reason for breaking it (at least my understanding is) is so that if sales on one tank they can kill it off without it affecting the others as bad, so for instance instead of Dodge owning Ram, SRT Viper, SRT Challenger, and SRT Charger, Dodge is just Dodge, and Ram is just Ram and SRT is just SRT, so if SRT sales go to crap they can kill the SRT branded cars off, if Ram goes to hell they can do away with it.

I could be completely wrong however this is how it was once explained to me, I am sure someone who knows more about the details will chime in and explain it better than me though

thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:722
macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
Legal purposes and brand protection is my guess, so now you have Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and SRT, vs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep or Chrysler/Dahmler if you want to go back even farther, Plymouth used to be in there too, however they have been gone for a while now. Part of the reason for breaking it (at least my understanding is) is so that if sales on one tank they can kill it off without it affecting the others as bad, so for instance instead of Dodge owning Ram, SRT Viper, SRT Challenger, and SRT Charger, Dodge is just Dodge, and Ram is just Ram and SRT is just SRT, so if SRT sales go to crap they can kill the SRT branded cars off, if Ram goes to hell they can do away with it.

I could be completely wrong however this is how it was once explained to me, I am sure someone who knows more about the details will chime in and explain it better than me though

thanks
Jeremiah

makes sense to me!

However, I doubt the RAM will ever tank

Old 05-30-2014, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM 1500
Color: SILVER
Rep:20
HammerHead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSatinPumpkin View Post
Catchcan.....................................
Yep, what he said. CATCHCAN!!!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
ram4x4 is on a distinguished road

For bedliners I got Linex, always have had Linex, however that depends on a dealer in your area. A friend of mine got a Rhino lining, looks good not sure how it holds up though.

For me I have the Intune from Diablosport, Airraid CAI, but there are lots of good CAIs out there, matter of preference and what you hear. Thrush muffler, always had these before, great sound even with the resonators. I just ordered a 87 MM throttle body and JBA shorty headers, can't wait to get these in.

I'm getting the headers installed by a local company that suggested the JBAs, thicker flange I am told. They quoted 6 hours of work, some of the posts around here on header installs spooked me to get it done my a exhaust company.

Good luck in what you choose, post pics too.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 8 Speed 3.92
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Peral
Rep:95
Jayincali will become famous soon enough

I will also say Maganaflow, Vararam, and ported TB. All from Bullys of course...

I ordered a Bak Flip, Maggy 22" muffler and Y-Pipe for my 2014. Bullys has awesome customer service and they took great care of me and will do the same for you.

Next up for me will be, headers, Vararam, and TB... (Hint, Hint on a package deal Bullys)