DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-13-2014, 11:49 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
Thanks man i appreciate that, and I dont have anywhere near the LEDs as you but i gotta agree they are they only way to go
I think there is only 2 other members who could compete for most LED battle with him.. And they only got the advantage being quad cabs.

I really get on my LED game.. Been slacking hard on mods recently.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:1010
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Well i havent had much to update this with for while because I have been saving up for a pretty big mod since thanksgivingish, and being a college kid that is paying his own way it took longer than expected but today i got to place this order, and im so freaking excited right now. :smileup This is just the first of a big batch of orders for this project but i just wanted to share with you guys the one that got me the most excited.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Finally after what seemed like forever the Cam itself finally came in being as i had all the rest of the components for the install 2 weeks ago so hopefully this thing sounds a helluva lot different on monday

Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:722
macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, can't wait to see this!

And I bet you can't wait to get elbow deep in your engine bay
Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc08 View Post
Wow, can't wait to see this!

And I bet you can't wait to get elbow deep in your engine bay
I have been like a kid in a candy store since i placed the order for all the parts but youre right im itchin to start tearing things out
Old 04-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Need some before and after sound/video clips
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Well, the weekend started with me loving my truck more than my girlfriend thought was healthy and then Saturday night ended with me turning the key and making her fall in love with it that much as well, she loves the sound of the rumble of the new cam and kept telling me not to turn it off because it sounded so good

First i would like to preface this by apologizing for the shotty camera phone pictures i dont own a actually camera so it is the best i could do, also thanks to Gecko and Cheffred for answering some of my dumb questions for this process i appreciate the help and also this whole forum for the knowledge allowing me to do this myself

Here is a quick before video, again i apologize for the quality and also that it is in the garage but we had 40mph winds friday night so that was the only option.

Started in about 8 oclock friday on the tear down

Drained and pulled the radiator, trans cooler and powersteering cooler and set them out of the way.

As well as all the ignition components and a single spark plug from each cylinder.

Next I removed the valve covers, which wasnt all that bad besides all of the wire loom clips that slip over the cover bolts that i swear somee of them had welded themselves on there

Once i got to that point it was almost midnight so i figured with the next task being the springs it would be better to have a fresh start to avoid dropping any keepers.

When i was ordering parts i ended up going ahead and buying the valve spring compressor from jegs for the hemi it was only 125 and i would recommend anyone doing the swap to get one because it made it a breeze.

Here is a comparison between the 6.1 and 5.7 springs there is definitely a difference is size and strength

With the aforementioned tool and a compression tester hooked up to an airline to keep the valves seated, you remove the rocker shafts and the pushrods you just bolt it to the rocker shaft over each spring and tighten the folt down to compress and remove the keepers

You just loosen the bolt remove the spring and put the new spring and keepers back on and move to the next one.

Here is the head with all new 6.1 springs put on.

After all the springs are in i started to remove the water pump housing, ac compressor, and alternator to gain access to the timing cover.

After i got to that point, i removed the dampener pulley with the tool i purchased for the job of amazon for like 50 just in case il need it again for future mods and then removed the timing cover.

After removing the chain tension-er i spun the cam a few times and carefully pulled the cam, here is a shaky picture down the cam and lifter galley, it was hard to get a steady picture because of lack of light.

After re installing the cam, timing cover, water pump and balancer and torquing everything down I had easy access to the EGR so i went ahead and installed the block off that i had purchased from Billet technologies.

Every thing else from there was just a straight reverse order installation including the forged pushrods and retorquing the rocker shafts.

I finished at about 8 oclock on saturday day night, all and all it wasnt a bad job everything went very smooth and went together perfectly

For the swap being i used assembly lube on the cam and also when pulling the water pump and timing cover i knew i would get antifreeze in the pan i just filled up with regular penziol 5-20 to just get things kinda flushed out and cleaned up, after driving it 30 miles and probably 1-2 of run time i went ahead and changed the oil again with Amsoil signature 5-20 and a wix filter

Finally for the good part, he is the video of it just after i finished on saturday night, im currently working on getting a decent camera to get a better video but this is all i have right now.

Its a crazy jay plus cam from inertia motorsports, with uncoated stainless long tubes back into a 18 inch maggie dumped after the axle

After driving putting about 120 miles on it i will say these guys know what they are doing, this truck is just a flat animal off the line now. it pulls incredibly hard from 1500 rpm to 5500 rpm like it is its job. It made the truck quite a bit lounder and changed the tone significantly giving it a much deeper and "raceyer" tone for lack of a better word.

Thank you all for reading and cheers

Last edited by Kamanhart; 04-06-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Very nice man! Reps for doing the install yourself and the great write up.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 04-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Very nice man! Reps for doing the install yourself and the great write up.
Thank you sir, it was definitely a different experience then the old flat tappet cams i put in in the past, and it really woke her up
Old 04-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:722
macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold

awesome! Great write up too, love it!

she sounds like a pissed off bull.
Can't wait for some WOT clips!