DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT/Laramie
Color: Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
jason.forte is on a distinguished road
Default Hypertech Hyperpac: Definite LIKE!

Hyperpac - Just got mine for my 05 1500 5.7 SLT 4x4. I have about 175k miles on it. Short version of my review: LOVE IT. my truck is stock, 33 in tires.

Never liked the ultra soft smooth transmission shift. I did the Regular Gas tune tonight and it was extremely easy. Truck got at least 1mpg better that I found just on my ride home from work. We'll see how the average works out after I get used to the fun of extra power and firmer shifts. Def love the firmer shift. I see a potential for several mpg gain based on the seatofthepantsometer.

I will fill up with premium later this week and put the Premium gas tune on it. I also changed the rev limiter 500rpm.

I still have stock exhaust and intake (just k&n filter that is dirty). I can imagine what a CAI, free flow exhaust with a free flow converter, and a basic tune up would do for this truck.

Very easy install. Very noticeable change on the first drive. Is it like my stroked big block Torino? Nope. Is it definitely an improvement? No Doubt!

I do not foresee a cammed out hotrod approach for me with this daily driver truck. My car takes care of that itch to burn rubber. This was a very very very easy improvement.

Autoanything.com had the Hyperpac 100bucks cheaper than Jegs/Summit etc.
Took 1.5 days from me clicking the button to it sitting in my hands.

Very useful data available on the Hyperpac too, water temp, trans temp, fuel temp, etc etc.

Caveat: my first attempt was a no go. I had my door open and radio on. The hyperpac did not read my VIN. Unplugged, plugged back in, watched a youtube vid and learned: have everything off!! radio, ac, doors closed, interior lights. Plug unit in, push the one black button, and VERY simply follow the prompts. Easier than changing the air filter.
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 07 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: st
Color: silver
Rep:68
moparmike07 will become famous soon enough

Just curious how much you piad. Superchip is very cheap now I had a guy have the tuner you had then went to superchip and loved it. That great I hope you love it and thanks for the review

2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5 percent tint all around 35 percent windshield, ported tb, diablo sport, arh headers, magnaflow dual exhaust, magnaflow y pipe, krc210x cam,nitrous,CNC ported head. 4.56 motive
Old 03-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all
Default Hypertech Hyperpac: Definite LIKE!

cool.................................

Old 03-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Mygreenihc is on a distinguished road

thanks for the review. I am planning a tuner for the near future, right after I install my new exhaust. I need to decide which tuner I will buy.

Brad
Old 03-14-2014, 06:22 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygreenihc View Post
thanks for the review. I am planning a tuner for the near future, right after I install my new exhaust. I need to decide which tuner I will buy.

Brad
SCT, or Diablo Sport would get my vote

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I paid 299 for my. Google Shopping tool helped me find it. I got mine from AutoAnything.com. Everyone else was 399.

I wish I had the bank to try each of the tuners for myself, and do it properly:
Stock/Basic Tune for87 Octane/Basic Tune for 93Octane... then after a tune up, then after CAI... try various CAI's, after exhaust... ETC

But I don't... so: I still like it a lot. Switched to the 93Octane tune, little better MPG, and seatometer says a little more power. CAI and 3in exhaust from Ypipe to the single in dual out Flowmaster (fyi super 44 drones in the cab... I predict a 50 on here soon).

Switching to 93 octane tune did increase mpg's and average makes it less expensive overall to use this tune with 93 than other tune with 87 octane. That was also before plugs/wires/cai/exhaust/new water pump/190deg Thermostat

After the new plugs/wires, CAI and exhaust, it has noticeably more power. Not just louder either lol. It'll scream up to 6000 rpm and pull hard now where before the air restriction from stock intake and exhaust really held it back. The exhaust made the biggest difference in the ability to breath. I think some long tubes, new cat converters, and better Y would get some more juice out of it. Factory Y goes 2.5's (I think, maybe 2.25in) to 3in outlet BUT right at the Y there's a funky factory crimp on both pipes. Def bottle neck. I'll go full dual with x pipe if I pony up for headers.

Also dropped a trifold tonneau cover on it but did not get a chance to really estimate mpg gained from it due to trans acting up next day.

Flexalite electric radiator fan is in the mail. Thought it would be here last week... ETA this week. Should be good for maybe another mpg.

Observed 6mpg improvement

Downside: I suspected before that my transmission might have a slight slip... seemed like all of the effort of the motor wasn't making it to the wheels. I think the transmissions solenoid gave up the ghost last night. It's all good though.

Last edited by jason.forte; 03-24-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: correction and added information
Old 03-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Transmission just needed regular maintenance and a solenoid! Whew.