DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM SPORT QC 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
514RAM is on a distinguished road

Bad ass!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Rep:116
Ranman will become famous soon enoughRanman will become famous soon enough

When are you going to install your new Punisher emblem? I cant wait to see them
MODS: Front window tint to match rear, Extang tri fold soft tonneau cover. Dee Zee running boards. Tinted tails and 3rd brake light. Blacked emblem and de-badged. Drop in K&N filter. 2.5 inch Hell Bent Steel leveling kit. Cabin air filter. Upper glove box. Magnaflow exhaust. Black bull bar with 20" Cree LED bar. Mickey Thompson 35x12.5x20 MTZ's
Old 03-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
When are you going to install your new Punisher emblem? I cant wait to see them
I need to wait for it to warm up a little here. I really don't like working in freezing temps and I want to make sure the 3M tape stays on. I also need to find something to attach the emblems to that can be cut easily. They are a lot thinner than the OEM Ram ones and would be recessed by about an inch or so.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 05-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

All the planets aligned today. It was a day off and it finally stopped snowing, raining, and the temp is above 40. Mod season has begun. The wind shifted and it started to rain at the end but I got it done.

Today I put The Punisher emblems on. Even though they came with an adhesive applied to them I used 3M two sided tape to make sure I can remove them if I needed to. I don't think they will survive removal as they are not hard plastic.

The front Ram head emblem was harder to remover but easier to clean the surface. The tailgate emblem was easy to remove but harder to clean the surface. The front emblem had a small piece of tape in the dead center that I didn't know was there until 10 minutes into trying to take it off. There are four tabs in the back and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't come off after I got them all pressed in. I finally got a trim removal tool and slowly pried the emblem off. That is when I saw the tape. I used my finger nail to get the residue off.

The tailgate Ram emblem was a different story. I sprayed a little Turtlewax Label Remover in the top of the emblem to loosen it up. I used the trim tool again just to pry the top off a little. Then I noticed the adhesive was a 1/4 inch thick. I used the tool to pry the emblem off resting it on the adhesive and not the paint. It came off with most of the adhesive. there was about an inch wide strip at the top I needed the Turtlewax for. Then I just used that and the nail on my thumb to get the stuff off.

I think the factory guys get out some frustration on the parts that are usually covered. The scratches in the paint under the emblem are not from me. I went in from the left side.

Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover

Last edited by DarthRam; 05-13-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:10 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Dood! That looks awesome! Great job, Dave!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: mineral gray
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
padillavp is on a distinguished road

Nice looking truck man keep posting your mods.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Dood! That looks awesome! Great job, Dave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by padillavp View Post
Nice looking truck man keep posting your mods.
Thanks guys.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Rep:116
Ranman will become famous soon enoughRanman will become famous soon enough

Looks awesome!

photo 1 (9).jpg
MODS: Front window tint to match rear, Extang tri fold soft tonneau cover. Dee Zee running boards. Tinted tails and 3rd brake light. Blacked emblem and de-badged. Drop in K&N filter. 2.5 inch Hell Bent Steel leveling kit. Cabin air filter. Upper glove box. Magnaflow exhaust. Black bull bar with 20" Cree LED bar. Mickey Thompson 35x12.5x20 MTZ's
Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
Looks awesome!

Attachment 45449
Thanks Randy! Yours too!