DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Black Ram Express
Trim Level: Black Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
nitro017 is on a distinguished road

alright guys i have more pics for you all! and also i have some more input on these tires after having them for a couple weeks now. the road noise on these are very quiet when rolling, i do notice a real slight hum when cruising but i expected that for going with a more aggressive tire. my gas milage has not really changed much either after putting the Nitto's on. my computer says i am still in the 12.5-13.5 range which is what i was in before with the stock tires and i assume my mileage will only get a little bit better as the weather begins to warm up. they absorb a lot more road bumps compared to the stock goodyears and are all around a real pleasure to drive on. the traction is a much better solution over the stock tires as well. they do not brake loose as often and i found that i was fishtailing less when still in 2WD compared to the stockers. all around i am very impressed with these tires so far and i absolutely love the look of these bad boys. they seem to be a very popular tire as i have seen many other trucks and jeeps just as of today rocking the terra grapplers. hope this help you guys make a tire upgrading decision!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (78.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (121.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (102.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1-2.jpg (114.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 06:52 PM

and here is a side shot i forgot to post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (133.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4X4 Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:2453
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sir, those look sweet. I think I've found my tires, once my stock GYs are dead.
BT CC / Hood Kit, LED Tails, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, Black Aluminum Side Steps, Leer 700, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Front Tow Hooks and Bed Post Hide-a-Hooks, Tints (20% frt, 35% rear and slider), Painted Engine Cover/Brake Calipers, K&N Drop in,OEM Fender Flares/ bug deflector, FM 40, SC Cortex, Oracle H11 LED Heads, 4000k Putco Fogs, LED Interior Lights, Honeycomb Grill, Bilstien 5100's.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Black Edition
Rep:10
MCSsMostWanted is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro017 View Post
I knew a buddy at discount tire and he got em for me for $1094 installed and with tire insurance. $1500 seems very steep for a 275 tire.
Ahh for some reason i thought you were running a 295/ 60 or 65 /20
Old 03-09-2014, 03:04 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: White
Rep:10
954rrmike is on a distinguished road

Are they P275/60/20, looks great and have you had any upper ball joint issues with your HBS lift?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:07 PM

yea they are 275/60/20's. no i havent had any issues on ball joints with my leveling kit. my neighbor always ran leveling kits on his trucks and he said i would be fine as they ball joints would not wear out by the time my lease is up. the leveling kit will prematurely wear the ball joints just bc the truck was not designed to handle the extra lift on the front end he had told me but for me im really not worried about them. i know a lot of guys on the forum have put more than 25k miles on their trucks with leveling kits and had no issues with their ball joints. i have faith they will hold up on my truck