DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Knowledge Base

Notices

Dodge Ram Knowledge Base Here you can find owner submitted how-to's for performing various mods to your Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Rep:10
tschimizzi is on a distinguished road

A note to add for those searching this thread: My 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Tradesman only had the single plug. The ITBC did require that I splice the power wire and the CAN +/- wires to work properly. I got the "CF" error message when only hooked up to the power wire.

The truck has the base dash but also power doors/windows and tire pressure monitoring system so I assume the EVIC is still present despite not having the nice display on the dash.

After a quick test everything works perfectly, I'll stop by the dealer to see if they still have to reflash. Thanks for the writeup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSilver View Post
kevinhann, thanks for the response. Because of your post I decided to go and hunt the pick-a-parts to see what I could find. I was able to find and buy an ITBM and gray/black bezel out of a 2011 3500 dually for $65. Bought three #8 x 5/8 trim panel screws from the hardware store to secure bezel to module and to secure rear of module to dash support . Everything came apart just like Netman66 post described. Installed ITBM and bezel plugged in the large "A" plug (no "B" plug, just spliced into the pink/greenwire and hooked up to B3). Hooked up to my neighbors 21ft Jayco travel trailer and went on a 20 mile test run. Worked great w/o the CAN + - wires. So if you have an ST or Tradesman w/o EVIC there is no reason to worry about the CAN + - wires.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
Mojack will become famous soon enough

I'd be interested to hear what you found out tschimizzi, my truck has the same options as yours and no evic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschimizzi View Post
A note to add for those searching this thread: My 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Tradesman only had the single plug. The ITBC did require that I splice the power wire and the CAN +/- wires to work properly. I got the "CF" error message when only hooked up to the power wire.

The truck has the base dash but also power doors/windows and tire pressure monitoring system so I assume the EVIC is still present despite not having the nice display on the dash.

After a quick test everything works perfectly, I'll stop by the dealer to see if they still have to reflash. Thanks for the writeup!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT regular cab
Color: White
my87csx481 is on a distinguished road

I plan to try this install at some point using the .pdf (and splicing - 2010 1500 with one connector). Does anyone know if the mopar developed splice-in pigtail mentioned in a couple places in this thread has ever been released? (so I can harass my parts guy)

Also, does anyone have the original first post (or first page) of this thread saved somewhere? I'm after the pictures that Netman66 posted in the original post.

@Netman66 - please fix the broken links if you can ever make the time, which can be virtually impossible for some, so I understand....just figured I'd ask.

Thanks all for this thread.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Rep:25
RedDodge is on a distinguished road

If anyone is looking to buy one of these controllers. In the "for sale area"....

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=168223

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Grey
dannymk2 is on a distinguished road

there was a guy on ebay selling the splice in harness for the smaller brake connector. cant seem to find the link anymore. does anybody happen to know if these are still available?