DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black Crystal
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
08Ram-Man is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for all of this! This thread gives me so much more confidence in my build. Bilstein's were delivered about an hour ago and will be on this week. 35'' come in spring after all the snow's gone. Pics soon! This thread explained everything I needed to know and that hemi of yours is badass. Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1531
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Just stumbled on this from Canadian Hemi Pride's sig. I have always said you are the tire/wheels guru for the Z. Nice job Brandon.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 01-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
harleyfx is on a distinguished road

Great Post, really informative. Really helps when you are trying to decide what to do. Having links to pictures of the different setups really was helpful !!!! Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this !!Great Job Brandon !!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Rep:147
SShadow1974 will become famous soon enoughSShadow1974 will become famous soon enough

Well I have come to the conclusion that as I get closer to buying a new set of rims and tires, that what I wanted, I'm not able to get. They don't make 265/(75,80,or 85)r17 tires.
I didn't want to go wider, but I wanted to go taller.
So either I stick with the current OEM size or I have to level. And that's not a $500+ expense I'm currently able to tackle.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500 QC tradesman
Color: Copperhead Pearl
illumin8ed is on a distinguished road
Default awesome

I've posted several questions that all could have been answered by a referral to this thread. Now all the questions I didn't ask have even been answered. Thanks for taking the time to research and write this up. It's members like you you help keep forums useful.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumin8ed View Post
I've posted several questions that all could have been answered by a referral to this thread. Now all the questions I didn't ask have even been answered. Thanks for taking the time to research and write this up. It's members like you you help keep forums useful.
Tell me about it, this thread literally has everything for everyones questions. When I asked Brandon about this thread, I was expecting something half as much as this. He put in some serious time and research and excelled beyond anyone expectations to get the information that everyone needs.
I am glad that you have found all your answers, that is exactly the intention of this thread. I always noticed people asking the similar questions and Brandon having the correct answer for them, but a lot of it turned into him having to repeat the same information as they all wanted the same answer. Hopefully this thread will help many more like it did for you
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 02-13-2014, 04:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1979 Chevrolet Camaro
Fredl is on a distinguished road

hello guys,

if i want to go with 35x12.50x18 (rims are 18x9 with +0 offest) tires on a 06-08 4wd 1500 i know i have to level the truck at least 2.5".

are there different 5100 bilsteins on the market for leveling a ram?

as i read there are leveling heights of bilsteins with 2.1" and 2.8", but no 2.5". will the cv damage with 2.8" level because of the angle?
won't do really offroad, most street use.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Yes I believe the 3rd gens Bilsteins are a different part number then the 4th gen ones. But they are essentially the same thing. On a 3rd gen the max setting for the Bilsteins is 2.1" but that will be enough to clear the 35's on those wheels. You shouldn't have any issues with front end angles either.

I'd suggest sending the guys at Bully's Performance an email at sales@bullysperformance.com, tell them what you want and that you're a forum member and they'll hook you up with exactly what you need for a great price. There has been a shortage of Bilsteins right now though. I've heard they won't be in stock until mid March or so. Just a heads up....

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 02-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Rep:147
SShadow1974 will become famous soon enoughSShadow1974 will become famous soon enough

Ok, so let's see if I have clued in to all this...

So, my stock rims are 7" aluminum according to the build sheet. I can't see the back of the rims because the brakes are so big, so I haven't a clue what the offset is. Does anyone know for sure what the offset is for these rims?

I've got GoodYear Silent Armor 265/70r17 tires.

The new rims I've bought are 17"x9" Procomp 7032 with 4.75" backspacing which equals +6 offset. (0 offset would be 4.5" because the rim is 9", adding .25" to the back means + offset and .25" = 6.35mm). Should I be concerns about the additional 2" in width between the stock and after market rims?

So, my first question is going to be... Am I going to have issues with these 265/70r17 on a 9" wide rim? I would guess that the side wall would be flatter vs bulging so the tire may look skinnier? Not so worried about that since with a smaller offset, it will move the tire further towards the fender - right?

My next question... With a smaller +offset, that should mean that I'd be less likely to rub if I put a 285/75/17 tire on these Procomp rims, right (than compared to stock)? When I compare tire sizes via a calculator, there is only a .9" radius (1.8" diameter) difference between the 70 and 75 and I have multiple inches of wheel well space so I shouldn't be hitting the fenders for sure.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

The offset for those stock rims should be +25 if I'm not mistaken. But that doesn't really matter since you have new wheels.

The 265/70/17's will work on your new rims. The tread will look a little skinny for sure but it won't be too big of a deal. You won't have any issues running the 17x9 on your truck either. The wheels have the correct offset to clear pretty much any tire you want up to a 35x12.5. That answers your next question as well. You won't have any issues running a 285 tire on that rim either. You could definitely go wider if you wanted to.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's