DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black/Mineral Gray
Rep:219
Boosted has a spectacular aura aboutBoosted has a spectacular aura aboutBoosted has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHole View Post
Welp.....
So I finally got my tuner updated, and the 93 Diablo Tune uploaded. On the way to church, stopped and topped the tank off with 93 (had been running 93 all along, so no worries there..)...and got back on the road. I did notice what may have been a slight more spring in its step, but then again, it could have been the 30 mph winds blowing against my tailgate, too, if that gives you an idea. Anyway, I was trying to give the truck a good 20-30 miles or more to relearn its new input, so I kept my foot on this side of the firewall (plus, nothing like doing a pro-stock burnout out of the old church parking lot in front of God and everyone, right?)--so I just held the horses back for a while longer.
Got back onto one of the two-way roads on the way home and the guy in front of me slows to make a left. I slow to a crawl, also. There is a Ford F150 behind me. (Can you see where this plot is headed??)...
Seeing my chance to unleash the 'newly reborn, fire-breathing, Diablo-tuned, 93 octane, hell-raising Ram, I mash my right foot through the firewall and into the Vararam sitting under the hood......
My truck snags first gear, I make a quick glance in the rearview at the F150, annnnnnnd................
YYYYYaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn............. ...........
Put it to you this way, fellas: sorry to burst anyone's bubble here, but if I hadn't let off and called 'game over' by the time I hit 60 mph, that F150 (which, as it passed me ripped off a layer of paint from my doors and had an ECOBOOST emblem on the side), would have had my Ram 1500 Linex bedliner for lunch. I shit you not.
And, it still shifts like the turd it was before.
I'm gonna give that guy Sean a try, see what he can do as far as a custom tune. If not much improves, look under the classifieds for my Trinity next month.
Sorry, just tellin it like it is....
haha, love this review! Had me laughing silly!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHole View Post
Will definitely do....how does it work, then? I drive the truck for a while, somehow retrieve a data log onto my Trinity to send that info to him so that he can read it,---he reads how my truck's engine is running (AFR, fuel metering, timing, spark advance, all that..)--then, according to that, he sends me back a custom tune file specifically tailor-made for my truck? Did I get that all correct?
I got my tuner from him so it was real easy. You dont log the canned tune. I think you send him a copy of the last tune written and he will send you his 'basic' custom tune. Then you load and data log that and email it back to him and he will tweak it. Just go to his site and purchase the tune and he will email you the instructions. It can all be done in an hour. Or log whenever you want. His first basic tune is grrrrrreat!!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Crystal
Rep:42
GasHole is on a distinguished road

10-4, thanks again. Probably do it after Thanksgiving weekend is behind us. I'll post up my findings/results. And I just adjusted my part throttle upshifts to 30% each, as you suggested. I pull a small trailer with a 4 wheeler during hunting season, so when I do, it should make the towing a bit easier by having the trans 'hold' the first two gears a bit longer.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie/Longhorn
Color: Copperhead/White Gold
Rep:11
klik is on a distinguished road

Talked to our Trinity T-1000 dealer today and he said that it has not been a good mover as it stalls @ about the 99% mark of the install because a person needs the on board computer unlocked to allow updates and had not heard of any dealerships allowing that yet. He did say that if I didn't need my vehicle for a couple of weeks they would remove the ECU and send it to Diablo along with the tuner to marry them of sorts. No way I will be without transportation that long with no guarantee that all will be well when it gets back let along what the costs may be. Anyone else heard of this nonsense
Old 12-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Rep:10
mrideau is on a distinguished road

I have a 2014 R/T. ARH 1 3/4, magnaflow muffler, Volant CAI. I have the 8 speed auto. Did Diablo trinity last, 87 generic tune. Felt shifts get more firm, and faster. Definite difference in overall power. Pulled past 130 on frwy, felt like there was a lot left. 13.93 in the quarter.