DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram – 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-26-2013, 04:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Ram306 is on a distinguished road
Default Paint probelms

Hey I'm pretty new to the forum but mabey someone can help me out here. About 6 months ago I purchased a white 2013 Ram 1500 CC sport and have nothing but problems with the paint on it. One day I was washing it and the paint started to come right off the front bumper. Then shortly after I had rust come through the paint on the box of the truck. After a bit of fighting with Chrysler I had those issues fixed and I went over the truck with a fine tooth comb and started finding all these other problems. There are bubbles in the paint all over the truck, the underside of the rear bumper is not completely painted, I have what looks to be clearcoat coming off the driver side A pillar and paint runs all over the truck especially on the roof around the sunroof and the back window. I have been fighting with Chrysler to get these other issues fixed and they wont do anything about it and i'm just wondering if anyone else is having lots of paint problems like this or mabey someone knows the causes of this problems. Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

I've sent a message to Chunkem about your thread. He had some pretty bad problems w his previous truck and might be able to provide you with some advice on how to proceed.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Hey sorry to hear about all the issues that you are having......I originally purchased a Longhorn in Jan and took possession of it in April.....I took it home and noticed a crap load of defects in the paint......Such as....
Dirt nibs, bumpers not aligned, box crooked, circular marks in all the doors, modelling in the paint......

I ended up bringing a paint expert in and actually got pictures of all the defects.....Over 600.....I had pics of fibers and among other things.....I also noted that the two tone paint at the bottom ran into the top....It was a mess.....

As far as dealing with RAM head office.....Well thats another story.....You need to have your service manager contact the district manager in order to attend and look at the issues and during that process they should open a file so that it can be dealt with......

In my case I left my brand new truck with the dealer and told them they needed to correct the issues....My dealer went beyond the call but only after going back and forth with head office for over a month......

In the end I had another truck ordered by my dealer and the other went back to Chrysler.....You need to speak to you service manager and remember to always stay calm....Once you start yelling or making a scene they will not help you.....More bees with honey than vinegar.....

You also have the option of CAMVAP.....This is a process when you are not getting anywhere with your dealer.....This is almost like a civil proceeding....Have a look at the link.

http://www.camvap.ca

The other option is speak to your dealer and inquire about the Trade Assist Program offered through the dealership....This enables the dealership to speak directly to head office and arrange for the delivery of another vehicle however in my case I did not drive my truck until I was informed that I was getting another.....So when I took it back to the dealer it had 23 kms on it......

I then however drove it unil my next new truck arrived the first week of August......

The new truck also has paint defects but not as bad as the last one.....I am very happy so far with however I only have 940 kms on it right now.....

Good luck and if you need anything just send me a pm and I will provide you with my cell number.....I was also able to assist another member with a serious paint issue and they had there truck replaced with a 2014 model......

Take care and stay safe....

Ed

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 11-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for your help and advice! Chrysler Canada sent the District manager out to look at the truck and he took 15 min looking at it and did not look at any of the huge issues on and didn't even bring the truck inside under good light to look at it. Instead it stayed outside on a cloudy day. So as you can imagine dealing with Chrysler and the District Manager was pretty useless. I have now gone through CAMVAP and am just getting everything in order to proceed with it an hopefully all goes well and I can get my truck fixed. I also have the dealership and the service manager on my side so I hope that makes a difference with CAMVAP. Its only a shame that a brand new truck needs to be completely repainted cause for a buy back I would lose 8 grand on a brand new truck and I wont take that loss. Once I know whats happening I will post on here to keep you informed. Thanks
Old 12-01-2013, 12:32 AM
"Just living the dream"

Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Well good luck.....Please let me know how you make out,......

Ed

Old 12-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Rep:45
tguil is on a distinguished road

After reading the recent posts about Ram paint, a person would be a bit foolish to take a chance on buying another….even if it is "just" a truck.

No, bad paint is not just common in other brands. Do a search on "paint" in Ford, Toyota, and GM forums.
2012 White Hemi 1500 QC, 4X4, Big Horn Edition, Protection Group, Luxury Group, 3.92 Anti-Spin, Mopar Bedliner, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Mopar Molded Mud Guards, Access Roll Up Tonneau, Michelin LTX M/S 2's
Old 12-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 SXT Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Defective/Black
RambunctiousOne is on a distinguished road

Hope you get things straightened out, just picked up my 1500 SXT 4x4 quad last saturday, washed it today and I am finding black overspray on the drivers side on the front rim, on the Hemi badge and looks like "glue" below the hemi badge as well on the middle of drivers door. WTF! Also looks like the hood didnt get enough clearcoat or more overspray. What BS in this day and age of computerization. Whatever happened to quality control FFS?
I guess since business is good, the Automakers really dont give a poop, sad, wish I could have spotted these defects sooner, would not have accepted the truck and went elsewhere to look another over with a fine toothed comb
Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 PM
"Just living the dream"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram306 View Post
Thanks for your help and advice! Chrysler Canada sent the District manager out to look at the truck and he took 15 min looking at it and did not look at any of the huge issues on and didn't even bring the truck inside under good light to look at it. Instead it stayed outside on a cloudy day. So as you can imagine dealing with Chrysler and the District Manager was pretty useless. I have now gone through CAMVAP and am just getting everything in order to proceed with it an hopefully all goes well and I can get my truck fixed. I also have the dealership and the service manager on my side so I hope that makes a difference with CAMVAP. Its only a shame that a brand new truck needs to be completely repainted cause for a buy back I would lose 8 grand on a brand new truck and I wont take that loss. Once I know whats happening I will post on here to keep you informed. Thanks
Just wondering how you made out......

Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 ram crew cab sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: True blue pearl
Rep:69
hemi4452 will become famous soon enough

My paint isn't perfect. Just hope it works out for you. Good luck
Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well I finally have my paint problems dealt with. After fighting for 9 months I have a new Ram. I went through CAMVAP and I was told that someone in Chryslers head office heard of my continuing complaints and got the information through CAMVAP that I had provided they sent the district manager to once again inspect the truck but this time I was there for the inspection. They admitted that the truck had a lot of flaws but said none of there paint is going to not have flaws in it. So after some talks the district manager said he would either have my truck completely repainted or I could take the dealership "cost" for them to repaint it and they would take that amount off the truck, plus I got a deal from the dealership as well. So I went with getting a new truck. There were a few paint issues with it but nothing I couldn't live with. I am much happier with this one and I guess in the end all the fighting was worth it but I still cant get over the paint quality control issues with these ram trucks. Its time for them to step up to the plate and fix there problems instead of hiding them!