DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeV10 View Post
Ok. HID kits only with the projectors headlights. It looks like it would take some big money for a good set. One last question. Has anyone looked in to this set?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-KIT-900...7db1e6&vxp=mtr

Waste of your money, you will not be happy with this product. JMO

Warranty 3 Months

You pay for what you get
Old 11-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:18
kevinhann is on a distinguished road

do a projector retrofit, get either the ACURA TL projectors for a complicated retrofit but worth the output or the morimoto FX-R for an ok output but easier install. i did the TL with OSRAM CBI Bulbs 50W ballasts and clear lenses, couldn't be more pleased with the results, and i did the Xenon plug n play kit and this was way better.

Plug n play

projector retrofit
Old 11-29-2013, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 / 3.55 LSD
Trim Level: Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:1043
gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhann View Post
do a projector retrofit, get either the ACURA TL projectors for a complicated retrofit but worth the output or the morimoto FX-R for an ok output but easier install. i did the TL with OSRAM CBI Bulbs 50W ballasts and clear lenses, couldn't be more pleased with the results, and i did the Xenon plug n play kit and this was way better.
You did a great job and I admire your effort.

I do a lot of MODS myself on my truck, but this one is not for a person with limited to average ability/skills. I would like to do this but I know my limits and this is on a skill level of 10 out of 10. JMHO.

Greg

Old 11-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

I agree with kevinhann, and Asur I went the retro solutions route also and do not regret it I've had no issues in 1 year that I've had them. I have Projectors Hid's 6,000K, 55w yes they were taken apart and reassembled all the wiring was there and it was easy.

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:05 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I also did my own retrofit, but I used the Morimoto D2S Five5, I picked up a set of Headlights off ebay for my first attempt, next summer I will be modifing my OEM Set with FX-R's, and some other stuff, this is what they look like presently and I am quite happy with the D2S.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:18
kevinhann is on a distinguished road

I did the morimoto fx-r first with morimoto 5five bulbs but wasn't satisfied so i went with the TL clear lens and osram cbi's and it was a huge difference, not only do the tl with clear lens smack the crap out of the morimoto fx-r but the OEM osram bulb is much brighter than the morimoto bulbs. also don't get 100w ballasts and try to use them on the morimoto fx-r i did that and it burned the whole projector and i noticed that i had left a finger print on the decorative shroud on my first retrofit that eventually burned into the chrome of the inner headlight. FYI. in my opinion the extra work for the tl is worth it oh and i used dryer vent tubing from home depot to hide the parts the shroud couldn't.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
I also did my own retrofit, but I used the Morimoto D2S Five5, I picked up a set of Headlights off ebay for my first attempt, next summer I will be modifing my OEM Set with FX-R's, and some other stuff, this is what they look like presently and I am quite happy with the D2S.
Very nice I wish I would of done the Red Halo on mine, well I do have the original head lights so I have a project for some rainy day

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Express
Rep:97
mikennrg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcscott View Post
You did a great job and I admire your effort.

I do a lot of MODS myself on my truck, but this one is not for a person with limited to average ability/skills. I would like to do this but I know my limits and this is on a skill level of 10 out of 10. JMHO.

Greg
If this is a 10 out of 10 where would you place an engine swap?
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
DodgeV10 is on a distinguished road

I want to thank everyone for there input! I sounds like I need to wait until warmer weather and more research before I attempt anything like this. By the way, engine swap is a 3 out of 10 in my book. Plug and play.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:01 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Express
Rep:97
mikennrg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeV10 View Post
I want to thank everyone for there input! I sounds like I need to wait until warmer weather and more research before I attempt anything like this. By the way, engine swap is a 3 out of 10 in my book. Plug and play.
By engine swap I mean using an engine that is not native to the car/truck it's being placed into.