DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:70
RamHemi5.7 will become famous soon enough
Default which cat back for 2013 ram?

I'm in the market for a cat back exhaust for my ram with dual cutouts. Not really sure whats out there I've heard of the Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla etc but havent done too much research on them...Which ones do yall have or recommend? I prefer stainless, and a deep rumble, I don't mind loud, but please nothing raspy. I'd like something louder than stock for sure though. After the exhaust future mods would be a set of JBA's and a DS HemiFever tune.
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:136
Sideshow48 will become famous soon enoughSideshow48 will become famous soon enough

I wanted similar to what you described. I had the factory Borla system on my 2005 Ram Daytona and liked it. On my 2013 I ended up going with the Magnaflow and am very pleased with it. A little more aggressive than my previous Borla but not obnoxious.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dark Green
Rep:10
manof11ram is on a distinguished road

I like the Magnaflow catback with the 5 inch dual tips. Not only are they wider, but also longer and do not look like wussy pipes (like the OEM ones look from the side). I YouTubed a few of them and it sounds nice, especially at higher RPMs. If you want a lot of noise, the Flowmaster American Thunder seems like an agressive one; but then you deal with some interior resonance and you get a chambered muffler vs straight through like Magnaflow.
If you really want to ponie up the dough, Mopar makes a catback through Corsa (which is just really tuned by Mopar and has the Mopar stamp on the stainless tip ends). IDK, I decided on the Magnaflow because Black Ram Hemi made some good points about it on another thread.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Rep:85
Talon66 will become famous soon enough

I will weigh in.

I have used AeroTurbine mufflers pretty much extensively on my previous vehicles.
06 Eclipse V6, 08 Evo, 10 Ram hemi.

I decided to go with something different this time around, so I picked up a JBA catback from AutoAnything. I took a gamble as I cant find much feedback on catbacks.

I must say for the price Im very impressed I paid $500 shipped to Canada for the JBA Catback.

I eliminated Magnaflow because it seems like everyone defaults on Magnaflow, and I like to be different. Flowmaster, Ive never liked. And I didnt want to go AeroTurbine again due to the drone on the highway.

The JBA has a slightly more aggressive tone on start-up, quiet at constant speed, no drone. But when you open the throttle it roars.

my 2 cents
Mods: 4500K HID headlights(55w) & Fogs(35w), Custom Dual Relay Harnesses, Tinted, Debadged, blacked out emblems, Stainless Works LT Headers, Magnaflow #12569, Kicker Soundgate, Diablo DCX - HF Tuned
Old 11-21-2013, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

If you have the money... run the corsa! That was my first choice until I realized my wallet wasn't fat enough. Instead I duplicated the Magnaflow cat-back for half the price. I installed the 22" magnaflow PN#12588 that comes in the kit, deleted my resonators and installed new tips. It sounds awesome but if you want to be a little different and are looking at doing a full cat-back instead of just a muffler swap I'd bite the bullet and run the corsa.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps
Old 11-21-2013, 12:31 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Your easiest and cheapest option would be what MangoTangoMofo, myself and many others have done. That would be a muffler swap, resonator chop and tip replacement. Send us an email for whatever you think would be best for you so we can extend special forum member pricing to you.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

My sig may help you.

Good luck.

Grub out!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:28 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
pld is on a distinguished road

Magnaflow #16869 awesome sound and amazing 5" tip's.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:21 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Rep:251
SteelTownStang is a jewel in the roughSteelTownStang is a jewel in the roughSteelTownStang is a jewel in the rough

Another vote for MagnaFlow... Deep throaty tone without the drone.
MODS: Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, aFe Stage II CAI, Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau, Mopar Side Steps, Mopar Mats & Bedliner, AMP Bed XTender, Daystar 2.5 Leveling Kit, Fuel Pump Black Wheels (20x9/+1 Offset), Toyo Open Country Extreme A/T Tires (35/12.50/20), Aries Stealth Bull Bar, & KC SlimLites.