DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Limited 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:105
Marine671 will become famous soon enoughMarine671 will become famous soon enough
Default Possible Buyback claim

I'm doing as much research as I can, but I'd like to see if anyone has any experience with the buyback process with Chrysler, I did notice a couple other posts on the topic.

Living in Georgia, purchased the vehicle in Florida, not too sure if that really matters. Bought it Sept 30. Went in the dealer for service on Oct 9-13, with the "we owe" paint job coming out worse than when I brought it in, the bed still misaligned and the gauge cluster not fixed. Brought it in for service at a different dealer again on Oct 22 and is still there waiting for a new cluster, which does not have a delivery date from Ram. So as of today, I am at 25 days "in service". The bed was supposedly fixed though.

One of my concerns is that replacing the cluster resets my odometer to zero, which affects the potential value and resale value of the truck. Service rep said Chrysler WILL NOT give me the truck back until the part is replaced. So... Georgia lemon law says 30 days "in service" for whatever reason, fixed or not, and I can file a claim. What do you guys think?
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Most Lemon Laws say it needs to be 30 business days and not 30 calender days that the vehicle is unsafe to drive or undriveable so make sure of that first. Second, before you actually start the proceedings you will need to notify Chrysler that you intend to use the Lemon Law by certified mail. Then they have one last chance to fix it or make it right.

If it is not fixed you will end up in arbitration first. They may not offer to buy it back but may instead offer you a truck that has the same options, color etc.

Here is some more info and tips:

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...256cc9005da68a
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 11-11-2013, 12:51 AM

Marine671 will become famous soon enoughMarine671 will become famous soon enough

i thought the same thing, but everything i was reading under georgia law says it a little different. weekends count if i dropped off the truck and the service carried over to the next week. also, under georgia's 30 day rule, it stated that for whatever reason it was in service, I can file a claim, whether it was fixed or not. The 30 days was key. the days don't have to be consecutive, they are cumulative. I'm still trying to research it to be sure because the dealer has no idea when the part will come in.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I'm no lawyer but I think the state of purchase is where you need to file against the Lemon Law. Most of the Lemon Laws state a vehicle is eligible if purchased in that state. There are slight variations from state to state so I would call the AG's office in your state to get it clarified. Good luck.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

don't worry about the odometer reading being off, whoever changes that gauge out has to do a Certification, that includes the original odometers mileage, the date the change was made & the reason for the change, & i believe it gets signed by the person who does the work & the persons name that has the authority to do legal certifications

The Lemon Law is something that you need to find out more about
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-11-2013, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

You might wish to consult with an attorney concerning the Lemon Law. It might cost a few bucks for the consultation, but at least you'll know that you're getting proper info, instead of a bunch of us on the Z pretty much just guessing.

Good luck and be sure to keep us informed

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 PM

completely agree about consulting an attorney who specializes in it. I contacted one a few days ago, he basically told me to wait the 30 days and I would have a good case for it. Just wanted to know if anyone's dealt with a buyback personally. it helps knowing what to expect when others have gone through something similar.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Glad to hear that you've consulted with an attorney. Sometimes they're actually useful LOL.

I've never gone through the process, myself, but I suspect that you'll be able to expect one hell of a fight with pretty much everything being at the very least a pain the in ass.

good luck and be sure to keep us informed

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 11-12-2013, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

seems like thes should be easy fixes. hope it all works out.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:24 PM

yea they really all easy fixes, it's just the principal of the matter now, as cliche as that sounds lol.

A Chrysler HQ rep called me today, but I wasn't able to get to the phone in time. I called back, but only left a message.... and now starts the game of phone tag.

Also called the servicing dealer, still no ETA on the replacement part for the truck.