DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Repair plus rental costs for quite a while. When it happened to me, two months ago, I was told the roof was backordered til December. At first it was only supposed to be a couple weeks but Chrysler kept not delivering and every time the bodyshop called for an update, Chrysler kept pushing back the expected date. When I heard December, I snapped and told the bodyshop to source me a used roof skin. But if I hadn't done that, I would still be waiting from August. And the car rental costs would be astronomical..
So even if the insurance co decides to repair the vehicle (which I doubt), you would be advised to inform them that the car rental costs could be high due to the backordered roof panel. It could be two or three grand right there. My Wife works for an insurance co and she says you might have a maximum that your insurance co will pay towards a rental and after that you would have to pay. If it gets to that, make sure you find out if there's a maximum and how much it is..

Last edited by LowUFO; 11-09-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
Repair plus rental costs for quite a while. When it happened to me, two months ago, I was told the roof was backordered til December. At first it was only supposed to be a couple weeks but Chrysler kept not delivering and every time the bodyshop called for an update, Chrysler kept pushing back the expected date. When I heard December, I snapped and told the bodyshop to source me a used roof skin. But if I hadn't done that, I would still be waiting from August. And the car rental costs would be astronomical..
So even if the insurance co decides to repair the vehicle (which I doubt), you would be advised to inform them that the car rental costs could be high due to the backordered roof panel. It could be two or three grand right there. My Wife works for an insurance co and she says you might have a maximum that your insurance co will pay towards a rental and after that you would have to pay. If it gets to that, make sure you find out if there's a maximum and how much it is..
thanks for those info, i will defenetly check on monday with them to see how long the car location is covered,

sorry to hear that you lost your truck for so long, i sure hope i will be back in a ram soon
Old 11-09-2013, 08:00 PM

crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieL View Post
Wow! Glad you are ok, sorry about your truck. What you'll likely have to look at to decide to repair or replace is what your insurance company will decide - assuming you have insurance. The insurance company will usually "total" your vehicle if the repair cost is 80% or more of the vehicle's value. So, depending upon the repair estimate and what you can find as the value (e.g. Kelly Blue Book), you should have a pretty good idea of how the insurance company will go. IMHO a vehicle that's had major damage repaired is never the same. My wife had a 91 Firebird totaled and repaired, and tho it looked great it was never really the same. I'd have to think you'll be very happy in a 2014!
ahaha i would for sure be happy, actually ive already started to check them out in case the tell me it's total,. i would prefer that vs going back in a rebuilt ram that have been fix and re painted on 90% of it
Old 11-09-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieL View Post
Wow! Glad you are ok, sorry about your truck. What you'll likely have to look at to decide to repair or replace is what your insurance company will decide - assuming you have insurance. The insurance company will usually "total" your vehicle if the repair cost is 80% or more of the vehicle's value. So, depending upon the repair estimate and what you can find as the value (e.g. Kelly Blue Book), you should have a pretty good idea of how the insurance company will go. IMHO a vehicle that's had major damage repaired is never the same. My wife had a 91 Firebird totaled and repaired, and tho it looked great it was never really the same. I'd have to think you'll be very happy in a 2014!
yes i do have insurance, actually here in quebec/canada it is a law to be insured, and you need the proof of insurance in your vehicule at all time,
Old 11-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher View Post
thanks for those info, i will defenetly check on monday with them to see how long the car location is covered,

sorry to hear that you lost your truck for so long, i sure hope i will be back in a ram soon
Thanks. I lost it middle of August and got it back end of September. But if I hadn't authorized them to find a used roof, I would still be waiting..
Old 11-09-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
Thanks. I lost it middle of August and got it back end of September. But if I hadn't authorized them to find a used roof, I would still be waiting..
always have to watch them,.. at least now you have it back
Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 PM

up to now, their is 15 500$ damage,

look's like their going to repair it,.

one question, as far as the roof pillard (as seen in the 3rd picture),.. their going to fix it with car putty,.. but imo since the pillard is damage it is less strong that in the original condition,... ?? i'm i right

do you think i could force them to change the roof pillar?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

I might be wrong but I think they'll total it, glad you're okay.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher View Post
up to now, their is 15 500$ damage,

look's like their going to repair it,.

one question, as far as the roof pillard (as seen in the 3rd picture),.. their going to fix it with car putty,.. but imo since the pillard is damage it is less strong that in the original condition,... ?? i'm i right

do you think i could force them to change the roof pillar?
I wouldn't bother. On crew cabs it's actually the B-pillar that has the structural reinforcement in case of a roll over.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Allstate insurance will fix your truck like new. Your truck is far from totaled.