DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough

By the way, my 2013 Ram Laramie with 8 speed auto and 3.55 gears ran a
14.78 @ 92.00 mph at the track
0-60 on my VBox (same one many magazines use) was 6.4 seconds.

But keep in mind, thats a drag strip, prepped with VHT at the launch pad.
Most magazines don't test at drag strips, they test at "test facilities" or older closed air strips, or private roads they own.
A few do test at drag strips but I also know at least one does runs in both directions of the drag strip and does not start on the VHT prepped launch pads.

On the street my best 0-60 with my truck has been 7.0 seconds.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

I bought my Ram new so I know it doesn't have mods and you can quote or link article all day but it won't change what I said....show up with the truck and see what happens
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 11-05-2013, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 4x4 express hemi
Trim Level: express
Color: black
Rep:80
darkstar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
By the way, my 2013 Ram Laramie with 8 speed auto and 3.55 gears ran a
14.78 @ 92.00 mph at the track
0-60 on my VBox (same one many magazines use) was 6.4 seconds.

But keep in mind, thats a drag strip, prepped with VHT at the launch pad.
Most magazines don't test at drag strips, they test at "test facilities" or older closed air strips, or private roads they own.
A few do test at drag strips but I also know at least one does runs in both directions of the drag strip and does not start on the VHT prepped launch pads.

On the street my best 0-60 with my truck has been 7.0 seconds.
my 2013 4x4 hemi rcsb 6spd on stock 20's/33's ran a best of 15.3@90 on a nice night in south florida, low humidity and 80 degrees out
Old 11-06-2013, 04:50 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Ecoboost trucks are garbage and the 5.0 trucks are slower then the hemi's . I like the 5.0 trucks and I almost bought a little RCSB but I couldn't get anything lower then 3.55 I think it was if I remember right. Still, r they aren't as fast, in stock form especially the ecoboost. Ford came out with the video in 2010 besting the hemi with their three new truck engines. And I posted one on here with a truck racing and beating all of them from the sidelines while they were doing this, lol!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:25 AM

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

the ford 5.0 motor by design is made for drag racing, nothing new... capable of making power up to 7,500 rpms. Anything they make for the coyote mustang will retrofit the truck. The other thing is the tranny, you don't have to swap it out to run 11s, in the Rams case you need to swap it out to run low 13s LOL...with that said, but but the Ram looks better...bawahaha

To sum this up Ram: Stock block, Supercharger, TC, gears, several trannys= 13 flat
Ford 5.0: stock block, cams, intake manifold, gears, TC= mid 12s
Boosted stock block 5.0 trucks= low 11s, high 10s.
If you need to know more info on 5.0s ask member dragpac, who also has a son currently running 13 flat with a n/a hemi. CMR tune away from cracking 12s...
on a side note: chevy is releasing the 6.2 in their 1500 trucks, but probably higher end ones.. 430hp/460tq
they say keep your friends close, your enemies closer ;-)

Last edited by autobred; 11-06-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I bought my Ram new so I know it doesn't have mods and you can quote or link article all day but it won't change what I said....show up with the truck and see what happens
btw, have you raced a RC SB Ford F-150 5.0 like your truck is?
have you run any with exhaust like yours has?

I won't keep arguing with you about facts and your stubbornness to accept them, but contact someone on the F-150 boards with a similarly equipped F-150 5.0 and 3.73 gears in your area and run him from 10-90 mph.
Do it 3 times, and get 3 fair and clean runs (no early jumps from either), person who wins at least 2 of the 3, takes your bet.
Don't just keep talking all the big talk on the forums, JUST DO IT and video it.
Get back to us with clear results, period.
I'm a Ram owner, but I'm not so slanted that I realize reality. And the reality is, the 2009-2012 Ram hasn't posted acceleration times equal to the 2011-2013 F-150 5.0 when equally equipped and similarly geared. Enough said, and over and out here.
Look forward to seeing your video of your runs. Wish you luck.

Last edited by Driver72; 11-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013Express,2014 Charger R/T
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:39
roo is on a distinguished road

It's foolish to underestimate an F-150 with a 5.0 Coyote. That engine easily puts out more power/cubic inch than any factory available HEMI or LS smallblock. Transmission gearing is much better that our 6 speed.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:31 PM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Here some facts, I've raced 3 ecoboost and beat all three, it wasn't even close. Mind you I think my truck stock is running in the vicinity of high 13's or low 14's and that's being modest. I'm well aware of the coyote engine running high 7k rpms and how well they are armored. Ford Racing doesn't skimp when it comes to building their racing/performance engines. But all said, that isn't how the 5.0 Ford truck comes from the factory and I've beat them too. It's a well designed engine if you can stomach 4 cams and a ten foot timing chain (just being sarcastic) but I can't. I would prefer the 6.2 but that's just me. That said I'm sick and tired of watching you guys post bogus videos of ecoboost trucks beating these hemi Rams on here. There is no way in hell that the video of that blue Ram RCSB runs in the high 15's. Who in the fug are you trying to fool? That INSULTS ME and my blue 09 RCSB so fug all of you who believe that video is ligit! I'm dead serious, get the hell out of here, go talk your shit against our Rams somewhere else. Other then older men, everyone I've seen so far in an ecoboost truck have all been pussies, all of them. They pull up on the side of you and try to race you unexpectedly so they can go brag to their friend about how they smoked one. Out of the three that I raced they ALL did this and turned off behind me to go somewhere and hide. And I caught the last one who tried this and I let him have it in front of his passenger who was laughing at him. To me that's no different then trying to sucker punch me. I told him ecoboost trucks were a peice of s...t and he was a f......coward for trying that! Yeah I said that, and if you don't like it tough. I had a tundra do that to me too, he took of first and turned off behind me to go hide after I beat him. Autobred and Blackhemiram doesn't come on here with bullshit, they do Ford and do well and don't talk smack. But you know what, that's just TWO fast Fords, where's the rest of thesae mofos? I'm talking about the majority of these fast ecoboost people and these fast 5.0 trucks who are beating hemi's. They're at the drag strip spending all their money modding to try and beat their competitors because they can't do it stock. If you have a Hemi Dodge RCSB truck and you let an ecoboost beat you then you let it beat you because you like Ford better and you're a f......idiot. If you have a CC with 35" tires you don't belong racing it on the street anyway. If you have a CC from the factory and you lost to an ecoboost then get use to it. They have more torque and can out pull an equally heavier truck with gas engine. Go buy yourself an RCSB and beat all of them! There's a lot of new fast cars and trucks coming out in the next few months....500hp Z28, Tremor, stronger Chevy trucks and so on. But guess what, this is a Dodge Ram forum. How long do you think this conversation would last on a Ford forum before getting closed? I don't care if you own 15 dodge trucks, you don't come on here talking smack that a Ford is faster because it beat your SLOW truck. That's right, if it beat your truck then your truck is slow because every stock ecoboost and 5.0 I ran was slower then mine. Your CC Rams are not race trucks, they're bricks....deal with it.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Here some facts, I've raced 3 ecoboost and beat all three, it wasn't even close. Mind you I think my truck stock is running in the vicinity of high 13's or low 14's and that's being modest. I'm well aware of the coyote engine running high 7k rpms and how well they are armored. Ford Racing doesn't skimp when it comes to building their racing/performance engines. But all said, that isn't how the 5.0 Ford truck comes from the factory and I've beat them too. It's a well designed engine if you can stomach 4 cams and a ten foot timing chain (just being sarcastic) but I can't. I would prefer the 6.2 but that's just me. That said I'm sick and tired of watching you guys post bogus videos of ecoboost trucks beating these hemi Rams on here. There is no way in hell that the video of that blue Ram RCSB runs in the high 15's. Who in the fug are you trying to fool? That INSULTS ME and my blue 09 RCSB so fug all of you who believe that video is ligit! I'm dead serious, get the hell out of here, go talk your shit against our Rams somewhere else. Other then older men, everyone I've seen so far in an ecoboost truck have all been pussies, all of them. They pull up on the side of you and try to race you unexpectedly so they can go brag to their friend about how they smoked one. Out of the three that I raced they ALL did this and turned off behind me to go somewhere and hide. And I caught the last one who tried this and I let him have it in front of his passenger who was laughing at him. To me that's no different then trying to sucker punch me. I told him ecoboost trucks were a peice of s...t and he was a f......coward for trying that! Yeah I said that, and if you don't like it tough. I had a tundra do that to me too, he took of first and turned off behind me to go hide after I beat him. Autobred and Blackhemiram doesn't come on here with bullshit, they do Ford and do well and don't talk smack. But you know what, that's just TWO fast Fords, where's the rest of thesae mofos? I'm talking about the majority of these fast ecoboost people and these fast 5.0 trucks who are beating hemi's. They're at the drag strip spending all their money modding to try and beat their competitors because they can't do it stock. If you have a Hemi Dodge RCSB truck and you let an ecoboost beat you then you let it beat you because you like Ford better and you're a f......idiot. If you have a CC with 35" tires you don't belong racing it on the street anyway. If you have a CC from the factory and you lost to an ecoboost then get use to it. They have more torque and can out pull an equally heavier truck with gas engine. Go buy yourself an RCSB and beat all of them! There's a lot of new fast cars and trucks coming out in the next few months....500hp Z28, Tremor, stronger Chevy trucks and so on. But guess what, this is a Dodge Ram forum. How long do you think this conversation would last on a Ford forum before getting closed? I don't care if you own 15 dodge trucks, you don't come on here talking smack that a Ford is faster because it beat your SLOW truck. That's right, if it beat your truck then your truck is slow because every stock ecoboost and 5.0 I ran was slower then mine. Your CC Rams are not race trucks, they're bricks....deal with it.
You're clearly not 59. Closer to 19 right?
Have you raced a RCSB Ecoboost (if they make them like that) or even a RCSB F150 5.0? If you say yes, post the videos. If you say no, then all your big talk above is meaningless.
I love my Ram, but I'm a realist. I CHOOSE to buy a loaded Ram, clearly I could of bought a Ford Ecoboost or two RCSB Ram Hemi's for the same price. I bought the Ram for other reasons than acceleration, I have and had other CARS and Bikes for speed.

But I'm also a realist, and know that equally equipped, equal bodystyle and drivetrain, and similarly geared the Ecoboost is a faster truck, especially than the older 6 speed auto Hemis. It's you who needs to deal with that.

Until you post a video of you racing a RCSB F150 5.0 with 3.73 gears, or an RCSB Ecoboost (if they make that other than the Tremor), all your talk is irrelevant, because you racing heavier CC versions of the Ecoboost, especially CC 4x4's is comparing apples to oranges because of the huge weight difference. Make it apples to apples, show the proof, or your 19 year old talk is just that.

Now if you had a 2013-14 RCSB with an 8 spd auto with 3.92's I'd agree with you almost fully, except the run against an equal Ecoboost would still be very close.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
You're clearly not 59. Closer to 19 right?
Have you raced a RCSB Ecoboost (if they make them like that) or even a RCSB F150 5.0? If you say yes, post the videos. If you say no, then all your big talk above is meaningless.
I love my Ram, but I'm a realist. I CHOOSE to buy a loaded Ram, clearly I could of bought a Ford Ecoboost or two RCSB Ram Hemi's for the same price. I bought the Ram for other reasons than acceleration, I have and had other CARS and Bikes for speed.

But I'm also a realist, and know that equally equipped, equal bodystyle and drivetrain, and similarly geared the Ecoboost is a faster truck, especially than the older 6 speed auto Hemis. It's you who needs to deal with that.

Until you post a video of you racing a RCSB F150 5.0 with 3.73 gears, or an RCSB Ecoboost (if they make that other than the Tremor), all your talk is irrelevant, because you racing heavier CC versions of the Ecoboost, especially CC 4x4's is comparing apples to oranges because of the huge weight difference. Make it apples to apples, show the proof, or your 19 year old talk is just that.

Now if you had a 2013-14 RCSB with an 8 spd auto with 3.92's I'd agree with you almost fully, except the run against an equal Ecoboost would still be very close.
You have no room to talk about a my age when you've been arguing about the crappy ecoboost all through this thread. I don't give a hoot what you say or think because you're a looser talking out of your azz. F... you and your comments against Dodge and me. Apples to apples doesn't fit in this conversation so don't go there. We're talking turbo vs na and v8 vs v6 so where does that fit other than up in your bunhole. If I couldn't have beat those ecoboost by ten lengths in a full 1/4 then I'm a monkeys uncle. You're an ignoramous who knows nothing about racing! You're no better then those looser ecoboost owners that I ran down in my Hemi. Get over it, ecoboost trucks are garbage, I eat them for breakfast! They work well in CC because they have more torque, that's it unless you boost them up and loose your warranty. But you can juice a hemi just the same but we're talking stock anyway. You bought a brick with a couch and whine about loosing races and I'm the 19 year old here. Take your Dodge bashing elsewhere or go buy a Ford and be done with your trash talk from behind your desk!