DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Oil Change

Notices

Oil Change Ready to change the oil in your Dodge Ram? Engine -Trans - Differential - Transfer Case

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500 Daytona 4 x 4
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: GoMango Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
The Ram Man 01 is on a distinguished road

Greetings, I take mine to the Dealer. They have a program that you pay for 6 changes & take them as you need them. You get the change every 5,000 miles or what you want. They cost about $20.00 per change. Oil, filter, lube, & tire rotation. Now that is cheap. A good deal for me..
Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
^^^^ Yup that's what I do. Always have, always will
And when they stop sending me coupons I will go back to that. For right now $40 and 30-45min of time for a full oil change and tire rotation is fine with me. I dont have to worry about recycling the oil or catching it on sale at some box store.

I guess I should also mention the dealer lets me test drive cars while I wait ( I have bought 3 from the same dealer). I suggest you give the new GC SRT8 a spin, thats a wild ride!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Dark Red Cherry
Rep:201
audio1der has a spectacular aura aboutaudio1der has a spectacular aura aboutaudio1der has a spectacular aura about

I don't trust anyone else to do it right.
And I don't just mean to do it correctly, but even close to properly. I've had oil dumped all over my engine block by a VW dealer (I had to FIGHT to get them to shampoo the engine) and an acquaintance at work had his Toyota dealer NOT refill his oil as part of an oil change last year resulting in a blown engine followed by a replacement truck and repainting his fiberglass tonneau at no cost to him.
Even at no cost its not worth the headache of driving in, waiting (even with an appt), paying more and having some a$$hat teenager F&*k up my truck.
I can do it at my leisure with synthetic oil for the same/less $$ and know it's done correctly.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

So I have an annoncement to make. I just called my dealer (well a few days ago) and asked why I hadnt recieved the normal coupons in the mail that I always do. I was informed that the new management has decided to no longer send out coupons and insted lower the price by $10. Seeing as that is the case while I was on rockauto ordering my spark plugs and boots I went ahead and ordered a case of wix filters. I just want you all to know I blame you for ruining my sweet oil change deal!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:34
Claff is on a distinguished road

I typically do my own oil changes. Everything else in the fleet is antique and I try not to pay people to do something I can do myself.

When we did the truck deal we got three free oil changes and I'll let them do that. The dealership has monthly customer parties with free food and, supposedly, those who go get more oil change coupons. I'll sacrifice a home-cooked meal once a month for that deal.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
So I have an annoncement to make. I just called my dealer (well a few days ago) and asked why I hadnt recieved the normal coupons in the mail that I always do. I was informed that the new management has decided to no longer send out coupons and insted lower the price by $10. Seeing as that is the case while I was on rockauto ordering my spark plugs and boots I went ahead and ordered a case of wix filters. I just want you all to know I blame you for ruining my sweet oil change deal!
Wow. Sorry that happened.. but I swear it wasn't me!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get these coupons you all are mentioning mailed to me. Sign up somewhere? Get on the good side of a Mopar Tech or Svc Manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claff View Post
I typically do my own oil changes. Everything else in the fleet is antique and I try not to pay people to do something I can do myself.

When we did the truck deal we got three free oil changes and I'll let them do that. The dealership has monthly customer parties with free food and, supposedly, those who go get more oil change coupons. I'll sacrifice a home-cooked meal once a month for that deal.
Nice deal. Wish my dealer would have offered, or that I would have known to ask, for that kind of deal being thrown in with my truck purchase. Also wondering if my dealership will ever hold something like these parties you mentioned. Would be nice.. but then again, I do live in Boonies, Utah. LOL! I fear to get any good deals I'd have to drive up towards SLC.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dark Cherry
pba300 is on a distinguished road

Our Dodge dealership here offers oil changes free for life on every vehicle sold...including used ones.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2538
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

I do it myself, as mentioned before, too many horror stories of minimum wage techs making a mess of things. The last place I would take my vehicles for fluid changes is the quick lube joints. As long as I am able, will continue to do so.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:38 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Coupons in this area are 54.95......with tire rotation.....80 bucks, plus driving 20 miles one way....I've been taking mine to a wholesale dealership called Auto Lenders, which has a beautiful state of the art repair facility 2 miles from my house, and great people taking care of you. Full service with synthetic oil.....34 bucks plus free coffee! I've bought 2 cars from them, plus have all my cars....ford, Hyundai, buick....serviced there as well. Matter of fact, going there today!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
vanbusboy is on a distinguished road

Hi all! This is my first posting, so I am new at this. Forgive me if I don't do it the right way. I am the proud owner of a 2012 Ram 1500 quad cab Laramie with the Hemi in it. I love the truck!. I just went for an oil change at one of those Castrol quick lube places in the Coquitlam area. While in for a regular oil change, the tech told me that the brake fluid was dark and should be changed as well. I have owned the vehicle for 2 years and it has 47,000 kilometers on it. I wasn't sure if it was necessary, but he made me feel as though it was the smart thing to do. He said that the fluid should be clear. This service was performed for an additional $70 dollars. I don't know if this was a smart move or not, but I felt as if I was getting taken. I reluctantly decided to do it as it was a safety concern with the brake parts...so I was led to believe. He also told me that it was a good idea to change the rear end fluid as well as it was dark in colour and should be a more golden colour. This option would have cost me in the neighbourhood of an additional $90 dollars. I just have a feeling that this quick lube place is a shyster (and I told the tech that I wasn't happy about them upcharging me on my services as well). What is the right thing to do with my truck. Should I be worried about my rear end fluid, and was the brake fluid replacement necessary? What is a fair price for both services?