DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Forum Polls!

Notices

Dodge Ram Forum Polls! Get Your Vote On!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

View Poll Results: Should Dodge honor the warranty no matter what?
Yes, If I powerbrake my 37's with a programmer and snap an axle, it's RAMs fault it broke! 8 8.42%
No, I know that if I run the vehicle outside it's design parameters Im taking that responsibility. 87 91.58%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:49
doz is on a distinguished road

Even still, a programmer can still be VERY WELL within the safe realm. Ive used programmers on all my cars and Ive never had an issue once come up with the engine. The factory tunes are GARBAGE due to the government regulations.

Yes, programming for nitrous, supercharger, ect is a bit more out there where warranty shouldnt cover but a few mild mods + tuner shouldnt be an issue. Dodge works with the tuning companies already, why not get it approved through them (as well as other car manufacturers) to be "compatible" so the warranty would still be approved with them.
DS Trinity w/ Jay Greene Tune (PM for info), S&B Intake, ARH LT Headers, Magnaflow Cat-back, 87mm PTB, BT Catch Can, 180* T-Stat, v6 E-Fan, 5000k RS HID, XD Misfits w/ 35"x12.5"x18", Rancho QL level, 5% tint w/ 35% full windshield
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Alright just ran my truck into a brick wall at 75mph. Going in tomorrow to get a factory replacement. Wish me luck
Old 06-14-2012, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

another note... some tune not just for power gains, but for the infamous MPG. should that void your warranty? i think not.

people really are stupid.

but some of the warranties out there fetch a pretty penny, and then when you really need it, some unheard of regulation messes it all up for you.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:420
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaney579 View Post
Or I hear a TINY noise that any and every vehicle makes. WHAT my engine makes noise? When ever I engage my trans from P to D I hear a tiny clank that couldn't even be picked up on a DB meter! WHAT my door makes a noise when I close it as if something is being shut?!?! My PAINT SUCKS!!!!! BECAUSE I BOUGHT MY TRUCK AT NIGHT IN A CAVE! SHOULDN'T HAVE TO LOOK A 50k DOLLAR TRUCK OVER BEFORE I SIGN PAPERS!

God my truck makes ZERO noise at all and I am very happy with the ride and handling. Never a squeak or a peep out of it from the norm that is actually the truck and not something in the road or me hitting a speed bump. It's a giant peace of mechanical metal. IT'S GOING TO MAKE A TINY BIT OF NOISE. I threw Cherry Bomb Extremes on it and I can hardly hear the Radio on Full blast under any kind of Throttle... Let a lone a tiny noise that an average person couldn't hear if they were laying under the truck while it was going down the road...

AGREE WITH YOU 100%

Haha, what my door makes a nnoise when I shut as.if something is being shut? Haha I love

Yea they should ooverlook simple thing like exhaust and cai, sometime tires, but if you put 44s on your truck with stock axels and drivshaft your shit outta luck. It should come out of your ppocket. People being stupid is the main reason we dont have a ttuner for 11 and 12 5.7 and probably wont ever have one

Completely agree

With that being said....I WANT A TUNER!!!!! lol

Sorry for.misspelling and punctuation I'm on my crappy phone
Old 09-06-2012, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
With that being said....I WANT A BEER!!!!! lol
Quote:
Sorry for.misspelling and punctuation I'm on my crappy phone
Don't worry bud, I got your back

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doz View Post
Even still, a programmer can still be VERY WELL within the safe realm. Ive used programmers on all my cars and Ive never had an issue once come up with the engine. The factory tunes are GARBAGE due to the government regulations.

Yes, programming for nitrous, supercharger, ect is a bit more out there where warranty shouldnt cover but a few mild mods + tuner shouldnt be an issue. Dodge works with the tuning companies already, why not get it approved through them (as well as other car manufacturers) to be "compatible" so the warranty would still be approved with them.
Kudos.

My thoughts exactly.

Damn well said!

Grub out!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

If you broke it by modifying it, it is on you. If it is a design, or build flaw, it is on them IMO. I agree that I would not expect a replacement of a vehicle unless it is a safety and/or ongoing useability issue. Those that know me here, know how much I put into a fix on mine
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, i wanted to put Mattracks on my Ram & run it on the drag strip

http://www.mattracks.com/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Rep:26
ruger77 is on a distinguished road

I think anything on the outside of the engine should not void a warranty. Like headers, CAI, throttle body, fans, or programmers. If you open up the engine for cams, cranks, heads, etc. you are taking a chance.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:09 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

bs claims make it tough to get legit warranty work done.