DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum

Notices

Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum Wax on, Wax off! Chat about anything that gives you Carpal Tunnel or Tennis Elbow in here! ;)

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher View Post
i went to the dealer yesterday and ask for a oil change and plug change

without asking for it they also change the pcv valve 56.12$ and put a injector cleaner8.30$ in my gas tank

the injector cleaner i dont have a problem with because i dint do it bu they should of ask me,.. what if i had just put one in it last week,..

but my question, what does the pcv valve do and why it has to be change

my truck has 126 000km witch is 78750miles.

also i have a catch can,.. does that change anything to my pcv valve function,..

thanks for the replys
Your catch can does not change anything as far as the operation of the PCV is concerned. The catch can's job is to intercept the oil crude coming from the PCV to prevent it from reaching the intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I would demanded to know who authorized the extras. You brought the truck in for an oil change, not a PVC valve replacement or fuel injector cleaning.

I would then demand to speak with both the Service Manager and General Manager of the dealership. I suspect after talking to either or both of them, you wouldn't be paying for the extras, and perhaps not even the oil change or several in the future.

Exco
Well said and I agree. The service department should have "recommended" these services before performing them and since they did not should eat the cost and refund to you the price paid.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:357
crusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nice

thanks everybody for the reply's

ive contact the service manager and he said when my truck will be in for the rear differential rebuilt they will refund me the extra's

in total their is just a little over 125$ of stuff that i didn't ask them to do (that will be refund)
pcv valves 55$ injectors cleaner 8$ time for pcv valve change and ail filter cleaning about half an hour,....

the worses thing,.. i cleaned my k&n cai about 3 weeks ago,..

imagine if they do that to all of the vehicules that goes in for oil and maintenance
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express QC 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:22
Eclipse1575 is on a distinguished road

They cleaned your air filter?!? I wouldnt like that one bit. Why would they even touch an aftermarket part? Who knows how or what they did to "clean" it. I would re-clean it and oil it so that you know it was done correctly.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:05 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:357
crusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse1575 View Post
They cleaned your air filter?!? I wouldnt like that one bit. Why would they even touch an aftermarket part? Who knows how or what they did to "clean" it. I would re-clean it and oil it so that you know it was done correctly.
it is the first ting i did when i got home, since the color of the knn filter was weird,.. so ive clean it and re oil it,..
Old 10-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 8 Speed 3.92
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Peral
Rep:95
Jayincali will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSH-2112 View Post
This is nothing new. They tried to shaft me last week with this list of recommended service items at 30,000 miles. Even the corporate office had nothing to say about the tactic.

Rear Differential $109.00
Tune Up (plugs) $305.00
Brake Flush $140.00
Transmission/Filter $236.00
PCV? Service $90.00
Fuel Service $140.00
Power Steering Service $140.00
Air Filter (they did not quote this) Forgot I guess, or they have no manual to look at.

I was told if I did not do these things, I would be taking a chance on my extended warranty and my lifetime power train warranty.

Love how they try to strong arm you. Either pay us $1200 for this service or your warranty will not cover any issues down the road. I would be like don't worry, I'll start using another dealership form now on.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Dark Red Cherry
Rep:201
audio1der has a spectacular aura aboutaudio1der has a spectacular aura aboutaudio1der has a spectacular aura about

^ Word. Strong arm tactics may work on my admin assistant, but not me.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 5.7L hemi
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Black
Rep:177
brondondolon has a spectacular aura aboutbrondondolon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher View Post
thanks everybody for the reply's

ive contact the service manager and he said when my truck will be in for the rear differential rebuilt they will refund me the extra's

in total their is just a little over 125$ of stuff that i didn't ask them to do (that will be refund)
pcv valves 55$ injectors cleaner 8$ time for pcv valve change and ail filter cleaning about half an hour,....

the worses thing,.. i cleaned my k&n cai about 3 weeks ago,..

imagine if they do that to all of the vehicules that goes in for oil and maintenance
Yeah id go down there and get that in writing. I just went round and round with the dealership in my area. They totally messed up my paint when they washed it making it look like it was washed with steel wool. for a little over 3 weeks i went in they checked it out and scheduled a time for them to fix it. when i would go down for them to fix it they would have me talk to some one higher up then the last guy i talked to. in the end the general manager was such an a$$ hole and said the only thing he would do is wash it for me if i wanted any more work id have to pay... In the end i got the shaft and spent a total of 19 hours over 3 days fixing their damage... These ppl are salesmen they will tell you what ever you want to hear to keep you coming back. Dont trust them for one sec because the moment they catch you with your pants down they will jump on the opportunity to bend you over a barrel... Personally id call the service manager and say you gave it a lot of thought and you dont feel comfortable with it being refunded on your next visit and that you would like that refunded at the earliest convenience and never EVER go back there again. idk after my last experience i dont want to ever deal with any dealership as long as i live.
S&B CAI, Y-pipe muffler delete, Diablo intune, Hemifever, custom tune, 180 thermostat, BT oil catch can, smoked, tail light and 3rd breaklight, 5000k retrosolutions 55w HID headlights and fog lights, LED in all exterior lamps, red calipers. Future mods: 87mm TB, 3000 stall torque converter