DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
dang man well for 100 bucks you arent out a whole lot a suppose besides the inclement headaches and if your GF is anything like my the countless "i told you so" but best of luck and im looking forward to picture updates of anything you get installed it will for sure make your already sweet truck look even more so bad ass
lol my GF actually likes them because the HID's to work great for 6000k 35W and I always do run my lights because I like the HID's on and lightbar showing. The halogens are lame and not even as bright as the low beam HID's.. So I don't really consider it a headache and surpringly never heard "I told you so"... I've let her drive my truck on some back roads at night and did love how much I lit up the road... The fact that I never adjusted the lights after installing them and not when I leveled and put 35's on.. I get a prettty good range of light

I do want new lights though.. Only thing left on my truck considered "chrome" is the stock headlights lol.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:1034
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

i think once you get the black lights in it will make tie your truck together and make it look even more killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
HID's to work great for 6000k 35W and I always do run my lights because I like the HID's on and lightbar showing. The halogens are lame and not even as bright as the low beam HID's...
That is why i made my own with Bi-xenon, the lows are awesome but when you flip them to highs the light out put is almost disgusting i can see a deer from almost a mile out it is fantastic
Old 10-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
i think once you get the black lights in it will make tie your truck together and make it look even more killer

That is why i made my own with Bi-xenon, the lows are awesome but when you flip them to highs the light out put is almost disgusting i can see a deer from almost a mile out it is fantastic
How did you make your own.. Share the wealth of knowledge.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=154519

this is my build thread it does delve to deep into the specific but here is a link to my photo bucket account with all the pictures i took thoughout

basically i bought a set of tyc aftermarket housings for roughly $30 a piece popped them open, then i went to the retrofitsource and got the projectors shrouds led halo ring for back lighting, if i would have been smart they make a complete kit that has the HID kit as well and it would have saved me a little cash, and once i got all the parts in you just have to modify your stock bulb housing to fit the D2S or H1 projector and with a little bit of time and a stead hand with a router they just slide through and cruch fit in then do any custom paint and features you wish and then seal em back up
Old 10-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

i will also add it is a little more money then buying a premade set.. but that being said im more than ok with fronting a little more cash to have something that is one off and i know someone else wont have, and the satisfaction of knowing i built them everytime i walk up to it makes it worth it to me, all and all said and done it was between 400-500 because of how i bought the parts you could probably get it done for 300-400 if you did it all at once
Old 10-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
jpaulmc94 is on a distinguished road

I bought the Spec-D lights ( I bought the euro not projection) and Im pretty satisfied except for two problems. 1) The driver side mount for the headlight was broke but no problem I glued it together. 2) After a couple weeks the passenger side turn signal cover melted and burned out my bulb. I replaced the bulb and it works fine but just aggravated me. Dont buy the led tail lights btw my passenger side brake lights went out after 2 months.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

I've had my Spec-D dual halo projectors in for over a year now with only one problem. They weren't aimed properly when I put them in so I had to re-aim them. Other than that I love them and they look great!

Here's some pics from when I installed them

These are without the projectors on (couldn't get a good pic cause of the light)

Old 10-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

They do look real nice.. Do you think they would work with HID's? or would they risk melting something?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

Mine say on them not for use with HIDs. So I'm assuming they might melt