DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:258
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation problem with superchips

hey guys i bought a used superchips 3865 programmer for my 99 dodge ram 1500 5.9L and the tune worked but when i go to change tire height to correct my speedometer it says "unable to adjust tire height. No ABS module present on vehicle". i have ABS on my truck tho and my dash isnt throwin any abs lights to say its not workin properly so how do i fix this?!?! one of the main reasons i bought it was to fix my speedometer cause its off by about 7mph.

can anybody help me with this please??

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2013, 06:39 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

I did the same on my 05, changed the tire size and put in a tune. But because I don't know your truck specifically, the only advice I can offer is to call SuperChips and have one of their CS agents help you.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:47 PM

Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough

they just said there is something wrong with my truck and nothing with their programmer... pretty much said im sol

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer
Old 10-13-2013, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Erase any stored codes/files and re-install it.

Grub out!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Erase any stored codes/files and re-install it.
what you mean by that grub? return it to stock and try again? or is there codes/files somewhere i need to clear? i did return it to stock once and updated it online and then retried it and still didnt work

Old 10-13-2013, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Return it to stock, check for any updates, update them and reinstall it.

If it's still the same, contact SuperChips and ask to speak with Ron in the technical department or email him thru the method below.

That comment earlier you made about SuperChips not being helpful, I don't get. My experience over the years has been anything but that.

RRAPP@SUPERCHIPS.COM
1-888-227-2447
8AM - 5PM EST.

Grub out!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 PM

ok il call monday and ask for Ron then. the people i talked to said they get this complaint multiple times per day and that with some trucks it works and some dont... didnt give me any advice on how to fix it or what to do so hopefully that isnt true cause id really like to get this corrected before i get a speeding ticket