DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.. If you got plans to do. don't cheap and buy temp bulbs when that money can go towards a solid set up with HID's and all the toys. I love my 6000k HID kit.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 10-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:147
topsub will become famous soon enoughtopsub will become famous soon enough

I've used DDM hids in all my cars / motorcycles and trucks and i've never had an issue.

ddmtuning.com

I had a bulb go out, i sent it back and they sent me a new one, not questions asked.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsub View Post
I've used DDM hids in all my cars / motorcycles and trucks and i've never had an issue.

ddmtuning.com

I had a bulb go out, i sent it back and they sent me a new one, not questions asked.
Their prices are actually really good.. Was just looking at a new set that are 55W for my truck on their site... Great price.. is there any problems with the 55W for the Rams?.. Only running 35W right now. And is it suggested to get the error eliminator?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

very affordable. Like I'm not sure if they're legit its that cheap. hahaha.

I noticed that 9004 bulbs are for lows, or High/Low. Can i not get just a 9004 for my highs, and then another 9004 for my lows? Or just oder 2 lows? haha

But yeah. $45 for possible good HIDs does sound like a fantastic idea. My only problem is that its aloott cheaper than the standard $200-300.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
very affordable. Like I'm not sure if they're legit its that cheap. hahaha.

I noticed that 9004 bulbs are for lows, or High/Low. Can i not get just a 9004 for my highs, and then another 9004 for my lows? Or just oder 2 lows? haha

But yeah. $45 for possible good HIDs does sound like a fantastic idea. My only problem is that its aloott cheaper than the standard $200-300.
I have heard of good things about DDM before and they do also offer a lift-time warranty behind their products which is good.

My set was $100 cash from a sketchy performance shop in my city which is sopose to have a year warranty.. But anytime I went down there they were always closed
Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

I had DDM and they are all in the trash now! Ballasts were absolute junk! Could even be a temperature thing....maybe they just can't handle Canadian winters

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
I had DDM and they are all in the trash now! Ballasts were absolute junk! Could even be a temperature thing....maybe they just can't handle Canadian winters
My HID's do have a slight issue when its real cold that I will get a quick flicker going from stop to go . I think you just gotta let them warm up first.. Idk.. HID's are awesome.. When they work.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
I have one DDM ballast left from a set of 2 that a friend had me order, lasted 6 months and one died, I keep it as a spare in case one of my 3 sets of digital from Retrosolutions on my vehicles dies or one of the over 13 sets sold to friends and family goes, the oldest is 1 3/4 years and the youngest is about 6 months, not one defective product, not one issue with cold or hot or flicker. Never had to use the spare DDM canbus ballast.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 5.7L hemi
Trim Level: 1500
Rep:177
brondondolon has a spectacular aura aboutbrondondolon has a spectacular aura about

you can get a ddm hid kit for 45. i think for the price you cant beat them. ive installed ddm tunings kit on 9 cars so far and only 1 kit gave me any problems but they have a life time warranty so there was no hassle. i currently have retrosolutions 55w digital kit in my head lights and fogs and they cost me an arm and a leg and from my personal experience ill never recomend them to any one or buy from them again. what initially swayed me to them was reports of exceptional customer service and an all around great product. when i installed the retrosolution kit on my truck one of my bulbs was a greenish yellow as if it was going out. i emailed retrosolutions and they claim i did something wrong and in order to correct the issue id have to take a volt meter and do all these tests... aint nobody got time for that! on top of that i sadly dont own or even know how to use a volt meter. so now im just waiting till one goes out and im forced to buy another kit. so in my opinion ddm is the way to go if you are on a budget. stay away from retrosolutions as far as im concerned.
S&B CAI, Y-pipe muffler delete, Diablo intune, Hemifever, custom tune, 180 thermostat, BT oil catch can, smoked, tail light and 3rd breaklight, 5000k retrosolutions 55w HID headlights and fog lights, LED in all exterior lamps, red calipers. Future mods: 87mm TB, 3000 stall torque converter
Old 10-12-2013, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 5.7L hemi
Trim Level: 1500
Rep:177
brondondolon has a spectacular aura aboutbrondondolon has a spectacular aura about

lol sorry asur i didnt read all the posts before i made mine. My post was by no means an attack on yours. i am just very unhappy with retrosolutions and if any one ever asked me about them id tell them my experience. for some weird reason i have a fasination with lights, i must have been a moth in a past life lol, so i dont mind spending top dollar on quality lights. HID in particular. but personally when i bought retrosolutions i thought i was getting a top quality product and it was far from it. For 35w hid kits i think ddm is the way to go. as far as the 55w kit ddm sells its a 35w bulb with a 55w ballast so it isnt a true 55w kit so id never put their 55w kit in my truck. i dont know what kit ill be getting next thats something im gonna have to look into.
S&B CAI, Y-pipe muffler delete, Diablo intune, Hemifever, custom tune, 180 thermostat, BT oil catch can, smoked, tail light and 3rd breaklight, 5000k retrosolutions 55w HID headlights and fog lights, LED in all exterior lamps, red calipers. Future mods: 87mm TB, 3000 stall torque converter